AFV Club 1/35 FV 107 Scimitar

41 minutes ago, Bish said:

Following this. Got the same kit to do a Falklands vehicle, so keen to see how it builds.

Glad to have you following @Bish.

From what I have read on the web it's probably best to replace the vinyl tracks but as this is a kind of stop gap build for me I'll see how it goes. 

Nice start. Got the Scorpion version in the pile with the AFV Club indie tracks for it. Built one many moons ago. Can't recall any major issues with it apart from it being a bit of a faff in parts.

Look forward to seeing this progress.

Regards

Steve

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Nice start. Got the Scorpion version in the pile with the AFV Club indie tracks for it. Built one many moons ago. Can't recall any major issues with it apart from it being a bit of a faff in parts.

Look forward to seeing this progress.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. If all goes well and the extra effort and expense of am tracks looks to be worthwhile I might just go down that route.

Roger. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bish said:

Nice start, i'll make a note of that error. Thanks.

Thanks Bish.

I've filled a couple of seams underneath and because of the lack of detail under there I'll probably be giving it a good liberal coating of mud when the time comes.

Ive also had a look at the tracks and the rubber band tracks that come with the kit are definitely going to be very snug to say the least, so much so that I've started sourcing replacements should it come to it.

20190811_124555

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Flying along with this build Rodger cracking start :popcorn:

beefy

Cheers Beefy.

54 minutes ago, Bish said:

There isn't much detail under that hull is there.

To be honest for around £30 you'd expect and deserve more.

6 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Cheers Beefy.

To be honest for around £30 you'd expect and deserve more.

Agreed. I can't recall the last armour kit i built with no detail underneath.

• Like 1

Further progress. There is an option for either tools or stowage bins and following a bit (and I mean a bit) of research I've chosen the tools. The intention is to depict a white UN Light Dragoon vehicle in Bosnia early 90's so if I've made the wrong decision please shout out and I can revise my painting plans.

20190812_185523

20190812_185550

I've left the wing mirrors off for the time being as from previous experience attaching them now is just asking for trouble.

Thanks for looking. 

Roger. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Duncan B said:

An off shift, offshore build, now that takes me back a bit! How's the weather? Always fun trying to do something delicate when the boat's pitching and rolling.

Duncan B

The weather's not bad at all just now Duncan. We've had a few scuffy days and some rain but nothing drastic.....yet.

I've spent a fair amount of time on my hands and knees looking for the odd flying piece of green plastic but no more than I do at home. 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Newsome said:

The weather's not bad at all just now Duncan. We've had a few scuffy days and some rain but nothing drastic.....yet.

I've spent a fair amount of time on my hands and knees looking for the odd flying piece of green plastic but no more than I do at home. 😂 

Good stuff Roger, have a safe trip.

DB

• Like 1

Just now, Roger Newsome said:

Cheers Duncan.

The Hobby Boss 262 I got from you in North Shields is being built a couple of cabins along, I'll see if I can get some pics. 👍🏼 

I hope he's enjoying it. I still haven't managed to 'acquire' one for myself yet!

DB

8 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I hope he's enjoying it. I still haven't managed to 'acquire' one for myself yet!

DB

He is! Every time I've been in he's said what a great kit it is. One of the Polish lads has a 1/35 IBG field gun underway too so the ships model club is in full swing. 😂

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1