Me 109 E-3. (1/32) Battle of Britain

Latest off the bench and into the cabinet is the venerable Eduard offering of the E-3.

Markings are for 9 staffel, lll Gruppe, JG 3, September 1940. According to pictures it crashed on to the beach in France.

The decals are from Montex  as I wanted something a little different from the usual. The kit is still good but needs a little work in places.(filler) You can see how far Eduard have come over the years.

anyway on to the pictures.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking.

Dick

DPP_00087

DPP_00082

DPP_00083

DPP_00086

DPP_00085

DPP_00084

• Like 19

Very neat model! A bit too neat, even, for my personal taste – almost antiseptic ;-). In spite of personal and tactical markings, it looks as if it has just been rolled out of the factory.

At least, the engine air intake grill could do with some dark wash, so that it doesn't look all clogged up with yellow paint. Likewise, the front opening of the exhaust sheathing.

However, de gustibus, etc. …

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

For the record, I do not weather my models. I try to make them museum pieces. My personal taste. The yellow was a real pain to spray and the air intake was not well defined. I have put a wash on it (as suggested) and it now looks worse and have removed it.

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Like 2