Bobcat 1/48th Yakovlev Yak-28P Firebar

I can't find a word to describe just how good that is so I shall make one up.... Scrumtralescent! Also just a heads up, those aren't raisins in the plum duff and I would steer clear of the cream custard too!

Marc

• Haha 1

I really enjoyed reading the write up in AMW and thanks for pointing out yet nose is not quite straight enough! I'm looking forward to getting round to mine in due course along with the Yak-28PP version. 

As a minor correction, this is not really their first 1/48 kit; that was the Tu-2T. I know that was released under the 'Xuntong' brand, but it's the same company - they just changed the name (I imagine because outside of Chinese-speaking countries, no one knows how to pronounce 'Xuntong'!).

Jon

• Like 1

hello Dear General,

What a great looking soviet fighter !!

I've always been a fan of these cold war monsters !

I will buy the Hobby Boss one, FireBar and Flagon side by side look like a good if not cunning plan !!

Congratulations !! one more gem for your collection !! :worthy:

The canopy sealant idea is dutifully recorded in CC files !! Thanks for the tip !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, really great to know so many of you share my interest in these Cold War beasts, it really was a golden time for aircraft design.

Thanks Keith...

I'd like a 1/48 Yak-25 please...!!

Yes, me too...along with about 15 others...

I can't find a word to describe just how good that is so I shall make one up.... Scrumtralescent! 

Make a note of the word Scrumtralescent Darling, I like it and want to use it more in conversation.

those aren't raisins in the plum duff and I would steer clear of the cream custard too!

I know, I know...I've had to physically punish our temp chef, Baldrick, (he of the Culinary Plan) several times...all to no avail sadly as he rather enjoys it and besides Alan the tortoise now walks with a permanent limp...nasty business!

As a minor correction, this is not really their first 1/48 kit; that was the Tu-2T. I know that was released under the 'Xuntong' brand, but it's the same company - they just changed the name (I imagine because outside of Chinese-speaking countries, no one knows how to pronounce 'Xuntong'!).

Thanks Jon, glad you found the article useful, look forward to seeing what you do with yours. I knew about the Xuntong Tu-2s and Il-4, should have mentioned that the Yak was the first under the Bobcat brand name. 

I will buy the Hobby Boss one, FireBar and Flagon side by side look like a good if not cunning plan !!

Go for it CC, I believe the HB kit has a few issues as well, no real surprises there but putting one alongside an equally dodgy Trumpy Flagon sounds a good/interesting plan  :winkgrin:

• Like 1