Release of 1/350 Joy Yard USS Missouri

73north

I heard from an internet Modelling friend in China that the announced  1/350 Joy Yard USS Missouri - which was to be superior to the Tamiya

and even the 1/350 state of the art new tool brand-new Very Fire Missouri is dead in the water - the reason is that the moulds were made wrong, and then the mold factory

did not agree that it was at fault. Both sides blamed each other and were unsuccessful at a compromise.

This Chinese mould manufacturer has a reputation for being unreliable.

Joy Yard then tried to get the police involved but it became counterproductive and they cannot continue to push them.
Unless JOY boss comes up withs $700K, they cannot continue the project.
Right now there is no way to create all the parts needed.

Edited by 73north

UPDATE - found a Chinese Model Hobby website where it was originally advertised for sale -

and I used a translator program to decipher the Chinese writing this is what it says - which was in July 2019
" News JOY YARD HOBBY: 1/350 Latest progress update on USS Missouri
Static model enthusiasts 2019-01-07
All the way to support so far the gold owners, I am sorry to inform everyone: because of mold processing problems, before the Spring Festival can not ship.
If there is because the scheduled time expires and automatically refund - the gold master, can wait for this product shipped to the same store to the original "

I am convinced the Project is dead in the water , as the Company have run out of Money to re-produce the Kit as a new , and Correct  Moulding

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

I've been keeping an eye on this as it's more detailed than Very Fire one. I wonder how much it will sell for, but hope it sells well so they'll consider dishing out modern variants later on.

Yes, me too, it looked much better than the VF one. Regarding the sale I am still not optimistic, VF's one has been out on the market for a long time, many of their buyers probably would not buy an other, hopefully it will still do well enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, delide said:

Yes, me too, it looked much better than the VF one. Regarding the sale I am still not optimistic, VF's one has been out on the market for a long time, many of their buyers probably would not buy an other, hopefully it will still do well enough.

Yeah, perhaps they should have switched to modern variants first after VF got to the market first with WW2 ones. But, not sure how far off were they with the tooling production already (which they apparently had to re-do afterwards).

That would be a shame as the hull really looked like something else compared to those other releases. The bridge stood out, as well.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Yeah, perhaps they should have switched to modern variants first after VF got to the market first with WW2 ones. But, not sure how far off were they with the tooling production already (which they apparently had to re-do afterwards).

That would be a shame as the hull really looked like something else compared to those other releases. The bridge stood out, as well.

Yeah, the hull shall be very accurate both in shape and details, and as a slide molded single piece it's quite impressive! VF on the other hand, Meh... The tower looks fantastic indeed,  like combat ready. Anyway, JY's research seems to be very good and every part seems to be designed to be as accurate as possible, so I love it.  Hopefully more people have been holding off on buying the VF kit like me. The price might be not cheap, but it's totally going to worth it, IMO it basically needs no aftermarket item, which can cost a lot, with the PE parts incorporated in the design of plastic parts, it will save a lot build time as well.

• 4 weeks later...

an update - the Joy-Yard kit is now released for sale on ebay  - Limited Edition with only 4000 Units for sale - with £ 169 price tag ( free postage from China )

I would wait for independent reviews before purchasing one - although they seem to be steadily being sold

and  

the old post about " am convinced the Project is dead in the water , as the Company have run out of Money to re-produce the Kit as a new , and Correct  Moulding "

I am very happy if I appear to be wrong - and the Model is sold and is a success -

I also happened to see a post comparing the three kits, http://tieba.baidu.com/p/6293196197 - note although in Chinese

it can be translated with google translation - and is fascinating - to compare the 3 kits - the  Joy Yard , Tamiya and Very Fire from 2018 | Initial release - new tool

iqsPnfd.jpg

Please see a review of the Very Fire Kit - http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/ships/bb/bb-63/Missouri-350-vf/VeryFire350Missouri.htm

Edited by 73north

On 14/10/2019 at 14:19, 73north said:

an update - the Joy-Yard kit is now released for sale on ebay  - Limited Edition with only 4000 Units for sale - with £ 169 price tag ( free postage from China )

I would wait for independent reviews before purchasing one - although they seem to be steadily being sold

and  

the old post about " am convinced the Project is dead in the water , as the Company have run out of Money to re-produce the Kit as a new , and Correct  Moulding "

I am very happy if I appear to be wrong - and the Model is sold and is a success -

I also happened to see a post comparing the three kits, http://tieba.baidu.com/p/6293196197 - note although in Chinese

it can be translated with google translation - and is fascinating - to compare the 3 kits - the  Joy Yard , Tamiya and Very Fire from 2018 | Initial release - new tool

iqsPnfd.jpg

Please see a review of the Very Fire Kit - http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/ships/bb/bb-63/Missouri-350-vf/VeryFire350Missouri.htm

Thanks! I don't have much time to say more, but from what I've seen I have to say that the kit is amazing! Personally I never been so excited by a kit, even though I'm most into tanks, jets and others. And that Cyysws guy, who did the video reviews on JY's FB page is not in his right mind! He has some complains, including ugly sprue runners! WTH?! And relatively low amount of metal parts(no metal mast for example)?! Yes, when compared to aftermarket set from Ponto or something, which cost as much as this kit!! When compared to any other 1/350 kits there are a huge amount of metal parts! The best part is that pretty much no details on the plastic need to be modified. If was the boss of JY he's so fired!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 07/01/2020 at 00:22, Michael Grey said:

Is there any updates on this kit? I know that it has been released in China but what about the rest of the world?

Has anyone started building one?

I believe they are an entirely new company, so they haven't found a distributor in Europe yet, probably not for the rest of the world either. At the moment the only way to get this kit, is to buy from Chinese distributors, who sell the kit on international platforms. I have 2 kits soon on the way to me, which will be brought to me by people from China though. Anyway, this kit is claimed to be limited to 3000 sets, no sure how fast it sells, or what will happen after the 3000 sets, it doesn't make sense to me to put that much effort to do the research and make the mould, and then limit your production? The mould would then be wasted, it's like having a money printing machine, but limit yourself to 3000 notes? 😛  Maybe they would do a reissue with less metal parts, or maybe they think 3000 would be the whole capacity of the market for a very long time? I don't know, I decided to purchase while it's still available.

Edited by delide

8 hours ago, delide said:

I believe they are an entirely new company, so they haven't found a distributor in Europe yet, probably not for the rest of the world either. At the moment the only way to get this kit, is to buy from Chinese distributors, who sell the kit on international platforms. I have 2 kits soon on the way to me, which will be brought to me by people from China though. Anyway, this kit is claimed to be limited to 3000 sets, no sure how fast it sells, or what will happen after the 3000 sets, it doesn't make sense to me to put that much effort to do the research and make the mould, and then limit your production? The mould would then be wasted, it's like having a money printing machine, but limit yourself to 3000 notes? 😛  Maybe they would do a reissue with less metal parts, or maybe they think 3000 would be the whole capacity of the market for a very long time? I don't know, I decided to purchase while it's still available.

Well thst does not sound very promising. I have mine on pre order at BNA model world (an Aussie company) i hope it actually comes out!

12 hours ago, Michael Grey said:

Well thst does not sound very promising. I have mine on pre order at BNA model world (an Aussie company) i hope it actually comes out!

I haven't seen any European shop offering the kit here, not even pre order, maybe BNA has relationship with some Chinese distributors, if they do not have contact to JY directly. BTW I believe that Australia has closer trade relationship with China than Europe, so things could be different there. Good luck!  

Edited by delide