the last lost post

this is a very old airfix kit and has already been around a very long time in this world,made in 1960-ies I guess.  some months ago I watched the bbc tv-series the last post and wanted to build such a lovely bristol belvedere myself .I have a second kit since two weeks ,and that one will have camo -colours ..ps ,I loved the colours of the jeeps and other cars in the last post too , that beautifull desert pink teint!! ...very inspirational too!... it is brush painted with humbrol enamels, the white is oil paint from a tube. the moders white [and yellow] paints need so many layers that I decided oiol paint from a tube and this works ok . funny that the blue decal line looks green on this photo. on the site where I had posted these pictures so I could upload them to britmodeeler ,someone told me my paintwork might a little sloppy ,he advised me to remove that brush hair near the cockpit . sloppy paintwork ,I must confess is very well possible ,but this time it is not a bush hair ,it is a scratch in the plastic .this is a very old kit -from the 1960-ies I think ,more or less my age-  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
  • Like 7