IS 2 Tamiya !:35

zigster

I know, it's an "old" model, but I just got one :-) All revues / inboxes are very "thumbs-up"!

Yet, my unsure self, looking at the instruction, I see:

#1 Tamiya assembly chart: part A10/A9/A3+ poly cap - make 14

Look at the part breakdown (last page): 944222 - Poly Cap (Medium, 10 pcs).

Short delivered on purpose, or there is something I don't know about :-)

Zig

If it's a new, unopened Tamiya kit, it would be very, very unlikely to be missing parts. Tamiya weigh every box (to fractions of a gram, and they have for many years) as it leaves the packing line and anything that isn't right is rejected and checked.

If it is missing bits and it's new, contact the shop you bought it from and explain the issue, or contact the distributor in your country / area. Failing that, an email to Tamiya should sort it. If it was bought second hand, Tamiya or their distributor will usually supply the bits for a usually reasonable fee. If all that's too much effort, a few bits of Evergreen or Plastruct tube, suitably resized (or even runner offcuts if you're otherwise stuck), will suffice to replace the Poly caps. A faff, but an introduction to scratch building!

Thank you for your interest!

No, no parts are missing. Last page of the instruction, lists replacement parts and it shows - 9442022 Poly Cap (Medium, 10 pcs).

Somebody at Tamiya lost the plot, 8 small caps for 6 return rollers, 4 big caps for 2 drive wheels :-))

No drama at all, I'll figure out something.

Zig

Looking at the photo of box contents I had posted, there is a lose set (not bagged)  of four caps.  Maybe those are part of the 14 required and are somewhere lose in the box?

regards,

Jack

All good now!

I had a look at the photo again, and noticed - there are TWO bags with "medium  poly caps".

Went through the box again, there it was, stuck btw p/e and decal :-))

Thanks again for all responses.

Zig