Has anyone had experience with Tamiya Basic airbrush

stevehnz

This one.

Rattle cans in NZ are not chap & hardish to come buy, so I got to thinking something like this would maybe do for large areas & possibly, with the Tamiya name behind it, be more reliable than the cheap no name things available off ebay & before anyone suggests buying name brand brushes anything over about £50.00 max is my limit for something like this for the forseeable future.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello Steve... Yes it was my second airbrush after my Paasche from 90-92. Mine used the RC Car battery powered compressor, and i thought it worked better than my Paasche D/A. I  eventually sold it to a buddy of mine and bought a Badger D/A after that. The Tamiya broke down easily enough and cleaned up decently. Its good for basic painting and some detailing with a .3 needle. I think mine was the .3 or .4 from memory ? In some ways i kind of miss it as it was more comfortable with the trigger. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Thanks Dennis, I've read some good reviews on the likes of Amazon about this, It'll be for bigger areas, rather than detail work & hopefully for the price, cheaper than rattle cans. I guess I'm just being cautious, I value the opinions of folk on here rather than anonymous reviews on various websites though I can't believe that Tamiya would stoop to salting websites with false feed back.

Steve.

I realise airbrushes aren't cheap but if I was you I would wait for a while to get a little more money and buy a nice double action airbrush. You will find some really good deals out there and the sooner you get the hang of a double action airbrush the better, I got my first from Machine Mart for £30 and got point 2 and point 4 needles and nozzles. Not the best airbrush in the world but she helped me learn so much and played a big part in my confidence using them

• Like 1

On reflection I think I'll go with the Tamiya Basic one to begin, it's not a lot to risk & the reviews seem OK, I've never used an airbrush but have a leaning toward the pistol grip style though won't know if that works for me till I try it out which the Tamiya one should be able to do. @cmatthewbacon I did find this clip on the Procon Boy air brush & I liked the look of what it could do so definitely marked as one to try too.

Steve.

• 1 month later...