T7TGGuv.jpg

EpFYei7.jpg

WaKZ86b.jpg

8WhgMk5.jpg

gWcfGve.jpg

qDtdS6d.jpg

QjEJl2M.jpg

5Uq41Os.jpg

Built pretty much from the box with just some 'tarps' and an Italeri 'Boys' rifle from the stash. Markings are from Star-Decal (35-C-1148) - which are a quite thick in my opinion - for a vehicle from the 19th Bt. 2nd NZ Divn' in late '41 / early '42. Not too much else to say, the 'Caunter' colours are 'home brewed' using so many other folks builds as reference and the always (un)reliable Mk.1 eyeball method. Not too shabby for a 43 year old kit... as ever all outrage, questions and comments welcomed.

Best from NZ

Ian.

• Like 33

2 hours ago, kiwitrogg said:

That wouldn't look out of place in Waiouru !

Such detail !!!  I'd love to be able to build armour to this standard. Love it !

Cheers

Gaz

Cheers Gaz....

I did have a Sherman on display at Waiouru for three years - it's back home with me now.

http://www.kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/39-armour-showcase/31961-nz-firefly-vc

I was in the Manawatu a couple of weeks ago (Palmy) so that meant a trip in to Mr. Models to see Ross of course - so naturally some 'goodies' followed me back to the car !!.

Best from the 'Naki

Ian.

• Like 1

Whoa, ok so the Sherman is pretty special as well. Truly museum quality if it was on display at the NZ Army Museum !!! That's about as good as it gets I reckon. :worthy:

I pop in to see Ross every couple of weeks.  We get chatting, my missus does the Briscoes Grand Prix, and then usually she still has to drag me out of the shop by the ear.  I like to buy from him when I can. but he's a bit of a drive for you though aye.

Cheers from the windy Manawatu

Gaz

• Like 1

Lovely model, really well presented. If I was being picky, I would suggest that the Mk4 Lee-Enfields probably didn't reach NZ troops until much later in the war than the Caunter camo would indicate. They weren't issued in the UK until 1942.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, riever49 said:

Lovely model, really well presented. If I was being picky, I would suggest that the Mk4 Lee-Enfields probably didn't reach NZ troops until much later in the war than the Caunter camo would indicate. They weren't issued in the UK until 1942.

Not picky at all - I don't know very much at all about that sort of thing so any chance to learn is fine by me.

Ian.

Not picky at all - I don't know very much at all about that sort of thing so any chance to learn is fine by me.

I think that Colonial troops generally used the Mk3 Lee_Enfield throughout the war. Identifiable by the longer forestock and 'snub-nosed' look, it was a better rifle in most ways than the Mk4, but was more complicated and expensive to make. When Britain re-armed after the equipment losses at Dunkirk, they needed a rifle capable of mass production, which the Mk3 SMLE was not. The rifles in the Tamiya kit are Mk4's, in use with UK troops from1942.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1