A question regarding the reactio bar

Hi guys

I recently posted a topic  and got feedback in the comments area and quite a few who "pushed" the like button, which I appreciate. So when a fellow modeler leaves a remark in the comments, I can always reply in text. But how do I say thank you to all those who pushed the like button without leaving a message? I can see who they are in the notification list, but it doesn't seem to be a way to say thanks to them by simply clicking a "Thank You" icon, or what have I missed?

Cheers

Göran

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You can't, and it appears that the new social convention is that you don't have to. Social media (of which this forum is an example, like it or not) is rewriting the rules of interpersonal communication. Us oldies, who were brought up to be polite, seem to struggle with the impersonal communication. I know that I do.

If you're really wanting to say Thanks to the Likers, maybe just type a general Thank You in the thread. They may or may not see it, but that's the Modern World (tm) for you. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Göran said:

But how do I say thank you to all those who pushed the like button without leaving a message?

You can leave a message or comment on a members profile page.

The 'like' and 'thanks' buttons are useful, as they save a thread being cluttered up with brief messages if, you'd like to show appreciation but don't have anything too add.

Or as @Rob G  suggests, you can always add a general thank later on, or even just add an acknowledgement  in the original post.   

While this maybe classed as social media, it's a very polite form of social media, and has an excellent ethos,  in as much as people behave here in a way reminiscent of real life, as opposed to some of the excesses made much easier by the distance and relative anonymity of my of the net. 

It is oft commented here what a pleasant place it is, which creates positive feedback,  meaning it continues in that way. 

Should say thanks to the folks who do the modding for this @Mike, @Julien @Greg B spring to mind, there are others...

• Like 4

Sorry I'm late to this thread - it's been a bit busy ;)

I think that if you're posting to thank people for their comments, just also thank them for their reactions too.  A few of our members already do that, and if you remember the people that give you praise in some shape or form, you can always reciprocate when you see them posting their stuff too.  That last bit is of course optional and conditional on you actually liking their posts, but a nice thing when done sensibly none-the-less :)

• Like 2