Hawker Tempest Mk V Heller 1/72 Back to the past

Hi to all

This post will not be anything special regarding model and quality of finishing. Simply i wanted to share with you my emotions.

This was done in 3 days for my oldest modeller friend (80+) who wish to have Clostemann's Tempest for a long time but hi is not able to make any model for a years as his hands does not listen his eyes and hart anymore.

As he was one who infected me with this hobby 50 years ago, i decided to make it asap for him. That was the story and you can not imagine how i was happy when i sow a old man happy as a child.....this is hobby which wakes kids in us forever.

Sorry for bothering...but....

Model, Heller oldie, well known, decals from Revell boxing old almost the same, i had no time to chase fully historic correct decals...this was best what i can do in 3 days, lot of issues with colors, especially trying to not make mess with not fully dried colors (Humbrol enamels).

Weathering done with pastels....and that is all. hope you like it.

Best regards, and pictures at the end....

HT-Closs-1.jpg

HT-Closs-4.jpg

HT-Closs-3.jpg

HT-Closs-2.jpg

HT-Closs-6.jpg

Edited by djos
  • Like 50

Your Tempest is just lovely and brings back good memories of a summer holiday some 40 years ago: I was reading Clostermann's "Grand Circus" and building this model. So not boring at all🙂

Kind Regards,

Antti

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This build has so much to like about it, however it’s the ‘putting a smile on one’s face’ that says it all for me. Once I saw the completed model it actually put a smile on my face as well. A wonderfully completed kit in short time for a great cause. 

Cheers and well done.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only 3 days! Absolutly brilliant and to give another modeller unable to do it himself such pleasure, I take my hat of to you sir. You are one of life's gentlemen.

Regards

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1