AMT 58 Edsel Pacer

And my last completed build, an AMT 58 Epdsel Pacer.

Rather than using the airbrush o  this I attempted using spray cans from Halfords (Ford Red)

This kit was more difficult to put together than all of the others and required a lot of sanding and filling to make it look presentable.

It should really have been a 2 tone white with red side panels and roof, but I got disturbed removing the masking after I'd painted the red and when I went back ther was red paint everywhere it shouldn't have been

So I just decided to spray the whole lot red.

No polishing or clear coat was applied as I didn't want to tempt fate and I think it came out well

Thanks for looking at my modest collection, I'm currently midway though a F1 Ferrari but it's been slow going at the moment due to it being summer holidays and plenty of work needing done around the house.

FB_IMG_1561569655591

FB_IMG_1561569660221

FB_IMG_1561569664221

And finally a couple of interior shots before everything was glued together 

IMG_0750

IMG_0746

• Like 9

I always thought the Edsel was one of the most hideous cars ever designs, but you've done a good job of building this one and it looks great even with your paint issues. I fuly sympathise about finding bench time in summer too - that's one of my excuses for the Skyline build taking so long as well!

• Like 1

I'm going to pick the same nit I did in your '40 pickup post Chris. You do very nice foil and paint work; a tiny detail could push it over the top for 'realism'.

Get rid of the black, overscale antenna. The real ones were about 3/8" stainless telescoping tube. That's .007" in 1/25 scale. Look for a rod or tube that's close to that, drill a hole and mount it. Very easy.

And when you build, even OOB, search the web for pix of your subject and be conscious that all models usually have the wrong thickness of stuff.

You do everything else really well. 😎

• Like 1

It’s really hard sometimes to decide whether to buy a particular kit based on the box art or the actual built model on the box top - which sometimes look really awful - but seeing a well built kit like this makes it a no brainer. Looks great.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Codger said:

I'm going to pick the same nit I did in your '40 pickup post Chris. You do very nice foil and paint work; a tiny detail could push it over the top for 'realism'.

Get rid of the black, overscale antenna. The real ones were about 3/8" stainless telescoping tube. That's .007" in 1/25 scale. Look for a rod or tube that's close to that, drill a hole and mount it. Very easy.

And when you build, even OOB, search the web for pix of your subject and be conscious that all models usually have the wrong thickness of stuff.

You do everything else really well. 😎

Pick away its constructive observations like you've made that will help me to improve and I'm all for that👍👍

This is a next step for me to add a bit more realism to the models I make.

I also need to attempt some weathering 

• Like 1