1954 - Hawker Hunter F.4 & F.6 - Final update Jan 2020

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Coming along nicely John. Paint peel is so annoying no matter how hard we try to avoid it. No doubt this will be another winner once finished. Good to see the continued progress on here. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks a lot Dave. The paint peel was a bit annoying but it is probably a combination of the silver that I sprayed on the underside, handling the nose, then not cleaning it before adding the topcoat, and not de-tacking the tape enough. So mainly due to some carelessness on my part, I am sure it will look fine once I tidy things up though.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have touched in the paint around the nose by gently stippling the colours over the affected area. Once this was dry I applied the national markings along with squadron id and serial numbers. Next job will be to add the airframe stencils and then work on the remaining detail parts before final assembly.

49268624097_6bacd4d695_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Apologies for missing these updates John. The Dutch Hunter looks smashing.. well done and best wishes for 2020.

Cheers.. Dave 

That's OK Dave, the GB has dropped into the Completed Group Build section and you can't be expected to follow up with everything. Happy New Year to you and yours too mate.

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Looking very nice.  I do like the Dutch markings...

16 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

An interesting set of designs and theatres for sure.  I second that emotion!

Thanks John. and I'm glad that you like my small collection. Did you ever get around to making a start on another Revell kit? 

• Like 1

Almost done with this one, I have added the stencils, painted the pylons and drop tanks which have been fixed to their underwing stations and everything has had a couple of coats of satin varnish. Some final bits to tidy it up and that will be job done. I apologise for the quality of these photos, I should have done something to diffuse the light, which would have helped with the shadows.

49347002987_c3f22a627d_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49346328933_deb0f398c1_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 2

20 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Really really nice.  Well done!

Thanks very much John.

I finished things off this morning, just a few bits of paint touch up and painting the pitot was all that was required. I had intended adding AIM-9B's and their launch rails to the outboard pylons, but I decided to leave them off until I can find some better items to replace the kit parts, I think that I have a Hasegawa missiles set somewhere, so I will have a rummage and see what's in there. I am declaring this one finished for now though so here are my final shots, and not having to abide by the 'Gallery 5 photos' rule means that I can add an extra one.

Hawker Hunter F.6

No.324 Squadron,

Royal Netherlands Air Force

Leeuwarden, 1957

(First Flight of F.6 XF833, January 1954)

49350768593_3106cf783c_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49351431392_f724acb71f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49351431512_81d05c0f1f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49351227491_67574c7eab_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49351227636_5a16ac7925_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49350768468_afa99ef8c3_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

My thanks go to those of you that have stuck with my slow progress on the F.6. Now I am off to try and complete HMS Ajax by next weekend.

• Like 3