1/48 Albatross DIII converted to an early DII

50144173027_324d8ca649_c.jpg
Carving a paper propeller for the Albatross, second attempt. I had a laminated block which was a little too short but decided to carve it and split it because the spinner would make good the missing length, on splitting it my blade broke and half of the prop went sailing off I know not where, so I now have one and a half propellers for the DII grrrrr...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marklo said:

50144173027_324d8ca649_c.jpg
Carving a paper propeller for the Albatross, second attempt. I had a laminated block which was a little too short but decided to carve it and split it because the spinner would make good the missing length, on splitting it my blade broke and half of the prop went sailing off I know not where, so I now have one and a half propellers for the DII grrrrr...

Hi Marklo,

"like" really doesn't do this justice, I really need a "wow" reaction!

Kind regards,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Marklo said:

50245151541_9da6955167_c.jpg
Almost finished the rigging. A good bit of retouching done, main decals on. Just the wheels, radiators and a few access ports to fit.

That is looking phenomenal! "Like" simply doesn't do it justice!

Kind regards,

Mark

• Thanks 1

50260405376_599ae83e6e_c.jpg

Exhaust components built

50259749213_c33a6efeff_c.jpg

Windhoff radiators fitted, of course the carpet monster got the first set, so I had to remake them, but I have to admit these are better.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, pheonix said:

I am sure that your carpet monster enjoys your small parts - but he does give you a chance to practice your scratch-building skills!

I actually lost the lower wing from a 1/48 th scale Sopwith pup, it did eventually turn up, but only about 6 months  after I had built and installed a replacement.

Of course as a man of science I am more inclined to believe it’s a teeny tiny singularity that also takes socks and ball point pens.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1