Airfix 1/72 SA330 Puma kit 03021

Very nice, I made the same kit some 40 odd years ago, if I remember it went together quite well, had those horrible rivets though, but was still enjoyable until my sister broke it lol

Have got an unbuilt Airfix Puma sitting on the shelf across from where I am sitting at this very moment.

Always had a soft spot for the Puma HC Mk 1, as used by RAF. It seems to have been in service for decades, certainly my whole life, going about it's business without any fuss and rarely sporting exciting markings or being in the news. 

The XW serial range Pumas must be the oldest RAF aircraft in service today I imagine. Will be a sad day when they eventually retire.

Wouldn't it be great if Airfix could do a new Puma kit, complete with air filters and other add ons.

• Like 1

A very nice rendition of the venerable Puma, the helicopter they can't replace.  The kit must be almost as old as the aircraft.

P.S.  Saw one the other day over West Dorset.  A very rare sight here.  Plenty of Merlins, Woccas, Wildcats and even the odd Longbow and, not so long ago, Sea Kings, but never (hitherto) Pumas for some reason.

Edited by Meatbox8
Addendum

Nice build on what is in truth a poor kit. I too bought one new over 40 years ago. Even then I was disappointed by the masses of rivets and ridiculously overscale door rails.