F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage

Very nice!

I rather like the Birdcage F4-U -  perhaps just for being a little different to the iconic bulged canopy version.

Excellent weathering - photos suggest these aircraft took quite a lot of wear & tear in the Pacific Theatre.

Must start work on my (rather more humble) Tamiya 1/72 Birdcage Corsair one day - your big-scale version is very inspiring.

:clap::goodjob:

• Like 1

Very impressive build, I love the look of these planes and the weathering and finish you have achieved are very convincing to how I would imagine these planes to look. Fantastic stuff.

• Like 1

That's a superb job, Johnny. Refreshing to see a 'weathered' model that looks like weathering rather than a stylised paint finish. 

Excellent work 👍 

Alan

• Like 1

Excellent model! I love the colours and the weathering. This is a nice continuation of my topic here, albeit not to the same scale.

After relinquishing his 'Daphne C' No. 7, James Cupp transferred the cowling with the inscription to his new F4U-1 No. 15. This is why the separation line between the upper and lower surface camo on the cowling centre piece doesn't exactly match the line forward and behind of this part.

BuNo. 02350  No. 7                         BuNo. 03829  No. 15

48470259356_bb9a9ab794_b.jpg   48470366107_2e7c25930d_o.jpg

• Like 1