Hi everybody

Here´s another Mig-29 and the ambition from my part was to depict a rather weathered individual. For that part I used the Gunze range of colours, H305, 308, 320 and 325 and I added matt white and flesh (H44) to different degrees for the post shading process. I also experimented using oil on some panels to fade them even more. The exhaust were painted with Alclads "Exhaust", "Pale Burnt Metal" and "Transparent Blue". I also used Model Masters "Exhaust" for the inner parts of the exhaust. Apart from that an artist silver pencil  from Derwent was applied here and there, to simulate chipped paint. The leaks are all from AK´s Streaking Grime, which in my opinon works very well on flat surfaces. The "office chair" is from True Details and the Pilot climbing on Eduards ladder is from Aerobonus. I used some "artistic license" on this project, for instance the pilots dress should in reality be blue, but that made him look to much of a smurf in my eyes. I Also used the decals from Begemot sheet 48-012, under the devise, "if it looks cool it´s right". Finally for the construction of the base plate a I used a single sheet of Plasticard which I scribed and glued some grass randomly.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the pics :)

Cheers 

Göran

48458443171_aff958aea9_o.jpg

48458602107_b2cb6ae314_o.jpg

48458602172_7b9a1b46d2_o.jpg

48458604472_788747d6e2_o.jpg

48458443236_b9aac5c610_b.jpg

48458443011_eac8345082_b.jpg

48458604287_1703183cd3_b.jpg

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the kind comments here and to those  who pushed the "like" button. Much appreciateated :) 

Re. Nachtwulf.

I got no pics from the underside of it but it´s more clean than the upper surface.

Ree ; Josh.

The overall fit is good to excellent, but I encountered two major problems. The first involved the engine nacelles. It took a lot of curses and sanding to get them even/same profile, when viewed from the side. And speaking of them I added some weight behind the FOD covers, to be on the safe side. I´ve seen others that have had the same problem on the net. The other major problem seems to be less frequent i.e. the upper part of the fuslage is slightly warped. To fix that I held it under the water tap, letting hot water flow over it and literally trying bend the part back in shape. That didn't solve the problem fully, so I sanded down the starboard landing gear strut a bit, to get the wing/"dihedral" even, but still there´s a height difference wing tip to wing tip about 2 -3  mm. One notice it if one really stares at the kit when viewed from the front. Apart from that, it´s a beautiful kit, so why not build one? Can't have enough Fulcrums, can we? :)

Cheers

Göran

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 6:52 AM, Göran said:

Thanks for all the kind comments here and to those  who pushed the "like" button. Much appreciateated :) 

Re. Nachtwulf.

I got no pics from the underside of it but it´s more clean than the upper surface.

Ree ; Josh.

The overall fit is good to excellent, but I encountered two major problems. The first involved the engine nacelles. It took a lot of curses and sanding to get them even/same profile, when viewed from the side. And speaking of them I added some weight behind the FOD covers, to be on the safe side. I´ve seen others that have had the same problem on the net. The other major problem seems to be less frequent i.e. the upper part of the fuslage is slightly warped. To fix that I held it under the water tap, letting hot water flow over it and literally trying bend the part back in shape. That didn't solve the problem fully, so I sanded down the starboard landing gear strut a bit, to get the wing/"dihedral" even, but still there´s a height difference wing tip to wing tip about 2 -3  mm. One notice it if one really stares at the kit when viewed from the front. Apart from that, it´s a beautiful kit, so why not build one? Can't have enough Fulcrums, can we? :)

Cheers

Göran

Thank you very much Goran, think I will

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...