New Released scheduled from HK

The_Lancaster

Its 1/32 apparently, so no can do for me, wish it was a 1/48 Lancaster or failing that, Sunderland/Hampden/Halifax/Catalina ,,, sure hope their 1/48 B-17 was not a flash in the pan?

No more 1/32 for me ... unless its Tamiya, would have extended that wish to Wingnut Wings, but we all know what happened there, no more 1/32 for me but fair play to those still enjoying that scale.

I always end up being diverted into spending more time painting pictures than building my models so still have too much of a stash pile to be contemplating buying anything else.

Despite that, although I'm now getting the impression this new kit is not anything to do with it, the 32nd scale Phantom FGR2 would be too much to resist ...and awesome.

I'm sure I'd be the same with some of its cold war stablemates, especially a 32nd Lightning F6.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, do335b6 said:

B-58 would be very cool

Brother did you make a direct hit on a favorite nerve! I would spend some serious dollars on a well  designed very accurate 1/32 B-58A. It's #1 on my list of "I sure wish they'd make ..." kits. And to be honest, I'd be very happy with an equally well made 1/48 Hustler. Much as I want a B-58, I've been tempted to purchase the Monogram 1/48 offering and see if I could wrestle it into a proper Hustler. I have the decals for it already.

• Like 1

Dixit The Scale Modelling Cafe, Jamie Haggo's Scale Modelling facebook page it should be the already announced Junkers Ju-52 kit.

To be confirmed as there's no quoted source but the new - to me - 3D render despite surface texture (?) could be considered as a indication - see herebelow.

Thread here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011942-132-junkers-ju-52-by-hong-kong-hk-models-release-in-2019-2020/

107919381-1230158680660285-3860926053107

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Homebee said:

You say too much but not enough.

V.P.

Sorry, but I think you all understand the circumstances.
Speaking about Ju 52, I don't think it's anywhere near completion, and a number of HK contributors, including this one, did not recommend this particular subject. But the final decision belongs to Neil.

• Thanks 1

Why that mysery? If you think that is a favorable way of marketing, well, you might just be very wrong. Just go out and shout what you are about to release. What do you expect, anyone from competition will step in and steal the idea and release their version? That would be a suicide, as I am pretty sure such an attempt is only destined to be approached coldly by the modeling community. And even if there would be such move, what happens? There are so many F-14s, F-16s, Phantoms, Spitfires, Bf-109s and so on that have been produced by different manufacturers. I do not recall anyone else jumping on to announce they will release a Meteor after HK announced theirs.

It may be ok to an extent, but it starts to create an opposite and adverse effect. For me at least... 

Edited by RicardoD
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, RicardoD said:

Why that mysery? If you think that is a favorable way of marketing, well, you might just be very wrong. Just go out and shout what you are about to release. What do you expect, anyone from competition will step in and steal the idea and release their version? That would be a suicide, as I am pretty sure such an attempt is only destined to be approached coldly by the modeling community. And even if there would be such move, what happens? There are so many F-14s, F-16s, PAhtoms, Spitfires, Bf-109s and so on that have been produced by different manufacturers. I do not recall anyone else jumping on to announce they will release a Meteor after HK announced theirs.

It may be ok to an extent, but it starts to create an opposite and adverse effect. For me at least... 

Whilst I have sympathy for this view (and often share it), I heard a rumour that HK did not announce the new kit. I believe this speculation has come from these types of message boards and has grown. There is not doubt that a new kit is imminent, because some people are waiting the arrival of the first kits as we speak, but I am not sure that it was HK that actually blabbed about it.

And I totally disagree that we have enough Phantoms (where are the RAF versions????) and you can NEVER have too many Spitfires.

32 minutes ago, DonH said:

Whilst I have sympathy for this view (and often share it), I heard a rumour that HK did not announce the new kit. I believe this speculation has come from these types of message boards and has grown. There is not doubt that a new kit is imminent, because some people are waiting the arrival of the first kits as we speak, but I am not sure that it was HK that actually blabbed about it.

And I totally disagree that we have enough Phantoms (where are the RAF versions????) and you can NEVER have too many Spitfires.

I do not know who started the rumour, but HKM does not seem to complain as they have been sporting a mysterious 1/32 new release on their website.

With regard to Phantoms and Spitfires... That is exactly my point... There are so many of them and still keep coming from various manufacturers, so not any idea on any subject is a big secret you jealously keep to yourself as a real aircraft manufacturer would do. Once that you produce a model does not of course mean and warrant that any other manufacturer can release it no more. So all that mystery becomes boringly unnecessary when so much prolonged.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Sorry, but I think you all understand the circumstances.
Speaking about Ju 52, I don't think it's anywhere near completion, and a number of HK contributors, including this one, did not recommend this particular subject. But the final decision belongs to Neil.

I'd buy a 1/32 Ju 52 — just make sure it has a/ optional floats and b/ a civilian option sans red, white and black banner on its tail. The vibes say that omitting a floats option cost Revellogram a lot of 1/48 Ju 52 sales. 

If it's a Bf 110 G-4 nachtjäger I'm buying. Other Noxie subject probably not. 

Mostly I wish for an FG.1/F-4K or F-106A, but suspect propellers still dominate Neil's psyche. 

Tony

4 hours ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

Could that be a SR-71 :hmmm::hmmm:

That certainly would be nice. About the size of a B-58 and I don't think there are too many people who don't know what an SR-71 is so the market might be pretty large.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Not sure where Mr. Haggo took this from, but 01E033 is not a Ju 52.

Is there another company projecting a future release of the JU-52? 

3 hours ago, Phantom Phil said:

Although the Ju-52 will be a welcome addition to some on here, I'll be utterly gutted if it's not the F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR,2) as I've been awaiting this kit for years now.

Me too, but caughtinthemiddle — who has inside knowledge — has said it isn't any of the subjects we tossed about earlier, which tragically rules out the F-4K/M for the immediate future.

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Is there another company projecting a future release of the JU-52? 

If the Ju 52 proceeds it'll have a different code number. At the mo we're concerned with what 01E033 is. 

My guess is Bf 110 G-4, but I'd rather it was a Convair F-106. 

But it could just as easily be a Me 410 or A-20 Boston. If it has propellers it's likely to be twin-engined, which rules out a Supermarine Walrus or Grumman Duck, and it's under the WW2 tab so a jet may be an outsider.

Tony 

Or simply a new Mosquito variant like a night-fighter. They've only three bomber types in their catalogue (B Mk.IX/Mk.XVI & B Mk IV Series II).

Should be a WWII airplane as it's announced in the appropriate part of the homepage menu: https://www.hk-models.com/hkm/shop/wwii/ 

V.P. 

Edited by Homebee

On 7/8/2020 at 9:13 AM, tony.t said:

The new HKM kit is reputedly a no-nonsense kit like the Meteor,

If this is true, it probably rules out anything but single engine props and early jets:

Here are my thoughts - All 1/32

Spitfire XIV

Spitfire 22/24 / Seafire 46/47

Hawker Sea Fury

Lockheed P/F-80

MiG-15

Yak-3

DH Vampire

Ar 234

Focke Wulf Ta 183

Bf 109A/B/C/D

F-86 Sabre

Hawker Typhoon

F6F Hellcat

Hawker Hurricane 

51 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Spitfire XIV

Hawker Sea Fury

Hawker Typhoon

I would love a decent kit of all of these in 1/32. 

Isn't Eduard working on a Typhoon with Special Hobby or something? 

Cheers,

WV908

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

If this is true, it probably rules out anything but single engine props and early jets:

Here are my thoughts - All 1/32

Spitfire XIV

Hawker Sea Fury

Lockheed P/F-80

MiG-15

Yak-3

DH Vampire

Ar 234

Focke Wulf Ta 183

Bf 109A/B/C/D

F-86 Sabre

Hawker Typhoon

F6F Hellcat

Hawker Hurricane 

If that's the case, a Grumman Duck is back on the possibles list. 

Tony

18 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Not sure where Mr. Haggo took this from, but 01E033 is not a Ju 52.

I can't imagine HK presenting a 3D image of the JU-52 with the corrugated surfaces completely absent. The quality of their work, and their presentation of progress during kit development, leads me to believe the image shown isn't from them, even in a leaked form. Perhaps wishful thinking from another source?

• Thanks 1