New Released scheduled from HK

The_Lancaster

1 hour ago, mattcour said:

I am not sure if jets are all ruled out or not, so how about a B-57 Canberra? 

Wow, that would be a real surprise. I would without hesitation spend a few hundred of precious bucks for a B-57G, but I am not sure if enough number of modelers share this view to make it a profitable subject for any manufacturer.

• Like 2

Personally I don’t mind too much but if I was able to have one condition or say it would be that the subject should be something that’s not otherwise available thereby adding to the products we as modellers can enjoy. 

For example an Me110 night fighter would be nice but as there are several good conversion sets for the Dragon/Revell repop I would say better to do a 1/32 Marauder/ Dornier 17/ get on with the Spey Phantom/ some other subject or scale as yet untouched. 

I recall Paul Fisher playing with the notion of a 1/32 Javelin back in the day. Sadly unlikely now

Actually a proper Spitfire Mk1 would do come to think on it 🤔. If I win the lottery big tonight I will crowdfund it for you :D

Two years ago I had a small part in assisting a Hong Kong based model manufacturer (I can't remember the company just the Hong Kong location) whilst they obtained detailed measurements and photographs for a subject they intended to produce as a 1:32 kit. This was on an active British military base and at a nearby military museum. I wonder if this is the kit about to be announced? If it is, there are going to be some shocked BM members out there, but I'll be very happy.

19 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

This was on an active British military base

I'm really tempted to think "BBMF", after the HKM Lancaster. Perhaps a 1/32 Hurricane?

22 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

there are going to be some shocked BM members out there

Alternatively, it could be a gate guardian - a 1/32 Victor would certainly shock me!

1 hour ago, Aeronut said:

Two years ago I had a small part in assisting a Hong Kong based model manufacturer (I can't remember the company just the Hong Kong location) whilst they obtained detailed measurements and photographs for a subject they intended to produce as a 1:32 kit. This was on an active British military base and at a nearby military museum. I wonder if this is the kit about to be announced? If it is, there are going to be some shocked BM members out there, but I'll be very happy.

Name of the base and/or the museum, please? I tried doing an internet search and came up with nothing.

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Name of the base and/or the museum, please? I tried doing an internet search and came up with nothing.

Spoilsport! The rules of the game are to guess based on the hints.

Now, Aeronut didn't actually say it was an aircraft. He's in Hampshire, which may or may not be relevant to where he was two years ago. 'Nearby' might be 5-20 miles?

IF it's an aircraft, the only active RAF aerodrome in Hampshire being Odiham, so that would mean a helicopter. Farnborough's FAST museum is within range, but I don't see an obvious subject in common.

HOWEVER, Middle Wallop is in Hampshire, an active Army Air Corps aerodrome AND has an excellent Museum of Army Aviation, with more than helicopters there....???

Chipmunk or Beaver???

Edited by KevinK
added guess

6 hours ago, Aeronut said:

All 1/32:
Harrier GR.1/3 or GR.5/7/9

Sea Harrier FRS.1/FA.2

Tucano

Jaguar GR.3/3A

An accurate EE Lightning

Farnborough is home to Night Bird.

If it's a Buccaneer I think I just might cry. Yes, I have the IFA kit, but this would be an injection moulded Bucc in 1/32 and I think I just might want about twenty of them....

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KevinK said:

Now, Aeronut didn't actually say it was an aircraft. He's in Hampshire, which may or may not be relevant to where he was two years ago. 'Nearby' might be 5-20 miles?

HOWEVER, Middle Wallop is in Hampshire, an active Army Air Corps aerodrome AND has an excellent Museum of Army Aviation, with more than helicopters there....???

I like your thinking but just to muddy the waters further I’m on the extreme edge of Hampshire with Wiltshire a matter of yards away and I worked at Boscombe Down for 30 years (may or may not be relevant).  An hours drive can take in a whole host of military bases and museums covering all three services.

Hopefully they were measuring up the BE2c replica at Old Sarum on behalf of Wingnuts?  And now have the rights to produce it themselves?

Well, one can but dream...

45 minutes ago, Simon V said:

I've seen some pics of boxart for a HKM 1/32 Lancaster nose section.

Let the rumours begin.

No more a rumor: https://www.facebook.com/groups/543846965788682/permalink/1624379544402080/

Go to the HK Models Lancaster thread for more details:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234935299-132-avro-lancaster-mkiii-hk-models/page/8/&tab=comments#comment-3757693

108618304-601846870731296-13126255797874

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

@Simon V

This is not the WNW kit - the most obvious item (bar the lack of stressed skin) being the horrible pilot's pedestal block. 

I'm halfway through correcting this on my first Lanc and I may be tempted to pick this up, what with having the spare clear fuselage - I could build one set of wings and one tail but have two fuselages and swap my model of PA474 between it's Leader and Phantom iterations! 

Cheers,

WV908

Class dismissed! 

Such a disappointment for us modelers who even for a moment dreamt something fresh and creative was coming. All that mystery for this one??

One of the worst marketing examples. Maybe the company did not push it to be inflated that way and the expectations really took over what was intended, but I hope the people at HK (and any other manufacturer too for that matter) read this thread from the very beginning, every post one by one, to see what the community really wants only to discover how a world apart themselves are in. And reconsider what to offer next...

Edited by KillerMig
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KillerMig said:

Class dismissed! 

Such a disappointment for us modelers who even for a moment dreamt something fresh and creative was coming. All that mystery for this one??

One of the worst marketing examples. Maybe the company did not push it to be inflated that way and the expectations really took over what was intended, but I hope the people at HK (and any other manufacturer too for that matter) read this thread from the very beginning, every post one by one, to see what the community really wants only to discover how a world apart they are in. And reconsider what to offer next...

People at HK took a fair decision of getting more use from already existing sprues, especially facing the previous positive reaction of the community for a similar kit idea from WnW (although the HK Lancaster story was so long that in fact I am not sure if it wasn't actually HK who came with this idea first). As for using internet forums as the reference for subject choices, I'd be rather cautious, considering that I'm aware of quite a number of examples when doing this ended badly for the manufacturers. KittyHawk, for instance, could say something about this...

2 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

People at HK took a fair decision of getting more use from already existing sprues, especially facing the previous positive reaction of the community for a similar kit idea from WnW (although the HK Lancaster story was so long that in fact I am not sure if it wasn't actually HK who came with this idea first). As for using internet forums as the reference for subject choices, I'd be rather cautious, considering that I'm aware of quite a number of examples when doing this ended badly for the manufacturers. KittyHawk, for instance, could say something about this...

Running a modeling business and incurring all the costs of developing a new tool is absolutely hard work/burden  to be respected. There's nothing wrong in a manufacturer trying to get most out of existing assets.

But it is obvious that the expectations were (and are) different.

Just now, 71chally said:

Please don't let this section of an existing kit be what the big announcement was going to be?

Welcome to the real world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

In the real world, most peeps go and buy another Bf 109, Fw 190, Spitfire or Mustang. Ask Eduard ;)

...and another Mig-21 :)

The real world naturally imposes its financial limitations so where the manufacturers would get some more creative is a dream world obviously.

Anyway, it is what it is. A 1/32 Lancaster is already what we would not even dream about until a few years ago and supposed to be a winner in its category.  Apparently many people, including me, thought it was a fresh idea. Next time, hopefully...