New Released scheduled from HK

The_Lancaster

Undoubtedly, it'll be a Fairey Hendon.

Think about it - wide range of users, long combat history, produced in large numbers, great variety of schemes and markings.....oh, wait.

Never mind.

• Haha 1

Have HK suggested that a 1/48 B-17G "late version" will make an appearance at some point?

In either 1/32 or 1/48, I would be over the moon to see a B-26 Marauder from HK. Solely in 1/32, a Blenheim would make my day.

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

I'm really rooting for the British Phantoms in 1/32. I can't wait to see that kit.

I don't do that many jets, but a 1/32 Brit Phantom would get my wallet out in a flash. That and a 1/32 BAC Jaguar.

Steve

• Like 1

I'll be very happy to see the 1/32 Brit Phantoms appear, but wasn't there a price of £325 waved about a while back? 

I've just bought a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J at a very good price to convert, so part of me is hoping that this announcement isn't the Phantom. Saying that though - there should be aftermarket decal sheets-a-plenty if this is the Phantom so I'll be more than happy either way!

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

@fightersweep

It would stop me in my tracks too - I already have the HK Lanc so I'd rather spend that money on a B-17 instead.

Funnily enough that Varsity I sold you is funding the kit and aftermarket for my 1/32 Brit Phantom! :)

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RicardoD said:

I still think it is the British Phantoms. 

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

I'm really rooting for the British Phantoms in 1/32. I can't wait to see that kit.

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

I don't do that many jets, but a 1/32 Brit Phantom would get my wallet out in a flash. That and a 1/32 BAC Jaguar.

Steve

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

I'll be very happy to see the 1/32 Brit Phantoms appear, but wasn't there a price of £325 waved about a while back? 

I've just bought a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J at a very good price to convert, so part of me is hoping that this announcement isn't the Phantom. Saying that though - there should be aftermarket decal sheets-a-plenty if this is the Phantom so I'll be more than happy either way!

Cheers,

WV908

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

@WV908

£325? Blimey! That would stop me in my tracks if that were the case.

Someone came up with the corr-blimey £325 HKM figure when justifying spending £180 on the Icelandic Fine Arts FG.1/FGR.2 shape. The figure didn't originate with HKM. I was told £275-300 was likely only if it came with all the bells and whistles. 

The new HKM kit is reputedly a no-nonsense kit like the Meteor, so if it's a Spey Toom an educated guess would be around £225-250 — less than twice what you'd spend on a 25 yr-old Tamiya J79 powered edition by the time you've bought the essential AM inlets, decals and correctly proportioned nozzles (unless of course you're one of those modellers who enjoy scratching parts). The pricetag will simply determine whether I buy one, two or three. 

I sincerely hope you're right about the subject. Some have suggested Dakota, Beaufighter or a Do 17 as possibles. It's supposed to be an all-new tool and not a derivative (which I wouldn't mind if it were to be a Meteor T.7 or Mosquito NF.30).

The suspense isn't entirely joyful, and I've bookmarked the HKM site to check it every day:

https://www.hk-models.com/hkm/

Tony 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

The new HKM kit is reputedly a no-nonsense kit like the Meteor, so if it's a Spey Toom an educated guess would be around £225-250 — less than twice what you'd spend on a 25 yr-old Tamiya J79 powered edition by the time you've bought the essential AM inlets, decals and correctly proportioned nozzles (unless of course you're one of those modellers who enjoy scratching parts). The pricetag will simply determine whether I buy one, two or three. 

Tony 

I am hoping for sub £200 for this one. With the exception of the Lanc which was a one-off as the real things hold a special place in my heart, £200 is my absolute limit for any kit. IFA Buccaneer was £180 and the Jetmads Viggen will just scratch in at £195 posted - but when Tamiya and Revell Phantoms can be bagged for around the £40 mark to be converted, my tolerance for the price of a new 1/32 Phantom is significantly lower. Saying all of this, the cost of the Italeri Tornado GR.4 is still unknown and I'd like a couple of those...

I think for WW.2 that a B-26 is a good bet, even if others have said it's not that. A nice line of 1/32 Griffon Spitfires would go down a treat though! 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

I'd shell out some dollars for a 1/32 C-47!  My gut feeling tells me we're going to get an unexpected surprise. HK's emphasis that it's an all new tool suggests to me that it won't be one of the rumored releases.

4 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I'd shell out some dollars for a 1/32 C-47!  My gut feeling tells me we're going to get an unexpected surprise. HK's emphasis that it's an all new tool suggests to me that it won't be one of the rumored releases.

Could be, but I don't know how you'd get a no-frills version except for a completely empty cabin just filled with cargo shapes — having said that, a Berlin Airlift RAF Dakota would be quite cool.

Tony 

4 hours ago, tony.t said:

Some have suggested Dakota, Beaufighter or a Do 17 as possibles.

Wasn't there a strong rumour that Infinity (HPH) were considering a Dornier 17? Hope so as my Revell He-111 and Ju-88 would appreciate the BoB company.

3 hours ago, WV908 said:

A nice line of 1/32 Griffon Spitfires would go down a treat though! 

You speak my language Sir!

Steve

• Like 1

Went back through this thread and made a list of what's been suggested. Vibes at LSP suggest WWII type. Might it be something never done in 1/32? Raises the question of whether there's a market for something never done in 1/32. Might it be something that has been done but not done well? That opens some possibilities. B-24 has been done by HobbyBoss but it didn't get rave reviews. Curtiss Helldiver has been done in 1/32 but it's resin. WWII experts, what am I missing?

Assuming vibes at LSP aren't correct (not WWII) and following the been done but not done well track, in jets we have the F-100 Super Sabre and F-105 Thunderchief by Trumpeter; both have been beat up in reviews. On the never been done track, there's the RA-5C Vigilante and F-111 and, frankly, a host of others. 

I'd like to throw the F7F Tigercat into the ring. Yes, HPH did it in resin but it's Two Hundred and Thirty smackeroonies for a WWII twin. 

If HKM can push one out for the same price as the Meteor then I think they could be on to a winner.

Alternate suggestions;

ME410 (Ooh HPH do this one too - 270 euros!)

Hawker Sea Fury!....Yes please! 

Fairey Firefly.... Hmm..

Bristol Blenheim... Maybe...

P-51H...Drool

F-82 Twin Mustang....Mega Drool (could this be the one?)

Cheers,

WV908

EDIT: Sod it, I want a Defiant

1/32 PBY Catalina has been done in resin but, as best I can tell, has not been done in an injection molded kit. Given Hong Kong Hobby's inclination to produce large scale large planes, the Catalina would be well within the realm of possibility. WV908, I'm with you regarding the Firefly, P-51H and the Twin Mustang. Tigercat would be nice, for sure, but I have a feeling we'll see a Firefly before we see the big F7F. My two cents worth ( 1 pence?).

• Like 1

I'd buy a Catalina.

If caught-in-the-middle (Polish dude who designs many of HKM's WW2 decals) is correct then I'm strongly suspecting either a Bf 110 G-4 or Ju 88 G-series nachtjäger. I'd buy those too, if they're night-fighter variants.

Tony 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

If caught-in-the-middle (Polish dude who designs many of HKM's WW2 decals) is correct then I'm strongly suspecting either a Bf 110 G-4 or Ju 88 G-series nachtjäger. I'd buy those too, if they're night-fighter variants.

The question that comes to mind is whether there's sufficient market for large scale night fighters. I confess to not knowing much about what WWII enthusiasts want. I can see a 1/32 Catalina (long lived airplane, saw broad use; some still flying).  As I mentioned before, we may be in for quite a surprise and if a surprise is what we get, I hope it has broad appeal!