New Released scheduled from HK

The_Lancaster

Hey all,

Whilst scrolling across Facebook this morning I happened upon this little message from the HK Models Facebook Page (Link for original post)

HK-New-Release.jpg

Hopefully, judging from their current profile pic of a Phantom FGR.2 we may be seeing some large scale RAF/FAA Phantoms? 🤔

Sam

• Thanks 1

Pictures from Merit International Ltd stand at IPMS USA National 2019. Something (art work) in the pictures. But from what ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlLtd/posts/2402474276510800

67883858-391091841548972-796434020839928  67883858-391091841548972-796434020839928

Just a new B-25J (?) Mitchell "Glass Nose" boxing. 

Thanks Trak-Tor from LSP forum - link

48493978801-15eb0c6d06-b.jpg

48493186281-271167.jpg

A.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

27 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Just so that I don't look completely dumb, the initial post has been edited for text and a clearer picture added, B-25 more than obvious now!

I confirm you're not dumb. I re-edit my original post with new gathered pieces of informations. Have a good day 71chally.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Hobo said:

Really want those British Phantoms in 1/32. Would make for incredibly impressive models.

Don't we all!

The vibes on LSP indicate the release of the new tool will be end-of-Sept and the subject WW2 era, with the decals being designed by a WW2 SME in Poland who is presently awaiting a test shot to check fit. The subject will not be disclosed prior to release. 

The Spey Toom release was indicated to have been planned for the end of the year but likely slipping a few months into 2020. I'm saving my pennies for an anticipated big spend on Spey Phantoms next year. 

Tony 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Heard a rumor at my local hobby shop that HK was doing a B-29 in 1/32 scale. HK has done the B-17 and B-25. Hobby Boss did the B-24. Wonder if this might be a B-26 Marauder.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gareth said:

I wonder if they've bought the rights to the Wingnut Wings Lancaster ? 

Why, when they already do a 1/32 Lancaster ?

Dick

1 minute ago, jenko said:

Why, when they already do a 1/32 Lancaster ?

Dick

Fair comment, was just thinking about Meng releasing the Dr.1, i know there was an 0/400 in the works but I dont see them releasing that ! 

Most want HKM to get the 1/32 Spey Phantom II out, and if it's not that and WWII, it's possibly a resurrected P-51B project — or something that shows off HKM's amazing moulding skills, e.g. representing a corrugated Ju 52 or fabric-covered geodetic Wellington.

We'll find out soon enough. 

Tony 

Wellington makes sense, but then so does a Stirling or a Halifax. Since they seem fond of American and British bombers, I wouldn't rule out a B-26 Marauder, a nice companion kit to the B-25. Would an early B-17 (C or D) be stretching too far? They did the Lancaster. Think there's a market for the Manchester? That might be a stretch too far, but then you never know. And since they're doing the Spey Phantom, anyone want to take a guess what the next 1/32 military jet might be?

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

In 1/32? When no-one's even found a commercially viable market for it as an injection-moulded kit in 1/48 or 1/72?

'Well, I'd like one, but I doubt if that constitutes a market!

There are probably several dozen people worldwide who'd buy a 1/32 Manchester so there's a potential market all right, just not a economically viable one 😉

In one way it's a pity that the vac-form conversion market collapsed in favour of resin because even the aftermarket conversion potential is hampered by the size and expense and likely warpability of resin components for a Manchester conversion for the HK Lancaster kit, but a vac-form conversion would be much cheaper to tool and produce, and structurally perfect for the application

• Like 1