1/48 Hasegawa Typhoon IB

Evening All

I've been slack at posting pictures this year, so it's time for a catch-up.  Where has the year gone ??? Luckily for you I've been equally as slack with my build progress so there's not much to catch up on.

So here's my OOB build of a 247 Sqn Sqn Typhoon that I built between January and April. I've notice that with lack of modelling time, recently, I'm tending to got for quick out OOB builds just to maintain some mojo. As far as I remember there were no major issues with the build. I did lose one of the Main Undercarriage Doors and had to scratch build a new one (the original later found under the paint bench and thrown in the spares box).

Comments good, bad or indifferent welcome as usual. I hope you like it.

Cheers

Gaz

spacer.png

The look I was after was of a used aircraft with fresh(ish) painted stripes. 

spacer.png

At first I thought that the stripes would be a little lairy, but then thought that they might add a little dazzle to the cabinet; another reason to go OOB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I tried using AK Interactive's chipping and wear fluid again on this one.  The foolishness of intentionally making the paint not stick properly was quicky highlighted when I started masking other bits and pieces.  The invasion stripes were masked and sprayed, and lots of touch-ups were needed.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking  :)

• Like 32

A very nice looking Tiffie,  :goodjob:  one small point to note, the shrouded exhausts, I bought some of these from the Eduard Brassin range for my Hasegawa Typhoon but I cannot find any in service pictures of them being used, apparently they were a servicing PITA so were removed.  Anyone want a set of resin shrouded exhausts? never been used? :penguin:

• Like 1