1/32 scale Atomic City Models Aries 1B

Greetings!

Recently completed build of the Aries 1B in 1/32 scale.  This is a large and heavy 15 inch resin kit from Scott Alexander (CaptCBoard)) at Atomic City Models with full interior, LED lighting, and custom built display base..  Details of the work in progress can be viewed here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235057170-aries-1b-2001-a-space-odyssey/

Questions and comments are always welcome.  Many thanks for having a look.

Cheers,

Bill

Images of the completed model begin here with views of the exterior:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15

The following images show the passenger cabin interior with figures of various individuals seen in the film.  Dr. Heywood Floyd and the two Pan Am cabin staff came with the kit (along with the two pilots),  The other individuals are generic 1/32 scale train passenger figures modified to depict characters seen in Space Station V scenes of the film, but not on the Aries  - USAA attendant and Pan Am pilot in transit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

On 7/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, Jeddahbill said:

Hi Tommo,

I got this kit from Atomic City Models (Scott Alexander) on Ebay in September 2018.  I was one of the last to actually receive a kit before deliveries ceased.  It was not easy getting this from Scott, many long delays and eventually I had to file a case with Ebay.  Eventually the kit was delivered, but it was a frustrating purchase experience.

Cheers,

Bill

Many thanks everyone for the kind comments - pleased to know the images were well received!  Coming soon is the 44 inch Orion Pan Am Space Clipper also from Atomic City Models which I managed to get on Ebay in 2016.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill, Simply splendid. Gallons of detail to drool over and nice subtle weathering.

For it's time I thought it was a bold design, quite unlike the traditional Moon ship.

I really should watch the film again, and soon.

Thanks Pete and TheBaron!   This was perhaps the most challenging project I have attempted, certainly the largest resin kit in my experience.  I am pleased with the outcome and just need to find a place big enough to display it properly!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!   Very close now to completion of the Orion Pan Am space clipper from Atomic City.  At 44 inches long it is a bit difficult to handle.  Trying to find a place to display it will be interesting . . . . . .

Bill

5 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!   Very close now to completion of the Orion Pan Am space clipper from Atomic City.  At 44 inches long it is a bit difficult to handle.  Trying to find a place to display it will be interesting . . . . . .

Bill

You could scratchbuild the space station and keep it in that...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...