Czechoslovakian Me 262s - 1:144 Eduard

Here are a pair of Eduard 1:144 Me 262s which I built back in 2008. Both were the E-Day bagged kits with options to build either a one- or a two-seater variant of the aircraft assembled and flown in Czechoslovakia after WWII.

Both were fully painted and varnished with brush. Since no etched parts were included, all aerials and probes were made from stretched sprue as were the radio wires. The only modifications I made was make a little hole in the tips of the engine intake cones and cover the gun ports on the fuselage topside as no guns were carried (the shell ejection chutes remained though).

Firstly, Avia S-92 (S-92.2) "V-33", VLU (Military Aeronautical Institute), Czechoslovakian Air Force, late 1947.

dEz6QzM9brqqddz_OVmyt0YwyJb9s_e7kfnYzW3V

GDiJHv8n9sRsUu0Z-ld2TueqVXxj98TNiLo0egnW

xvKNdrJRLZLjb0amLal3XZrgBJj4AnPQrhRyxId2

csyVmIEoz_OuB2xuIxvuGxbo-jnj8ffGBtLOt66M

aq-yirKbupU4ROZrPkB2pwUc2FWhP6xRWozkC2yW

EHE__aq0DI6MZlRSjy3t7H7yoIMdI1Qm-jbuw3i3

6diUdTue7CqosaqhobmAHBA_2PVBficmvvegQ2T6

R-8ahYsH3y5KS-tstpX3jI1LRjc3KE2PKAknEYbQ

fzBloUzFxCY5J44tV96_QWCal10HILoSL4sO6Gqt

Secondly, Avia CS-92 (CS-92.3) "V-31", VLU (Military Aeronautical Institute), Czechoslovakian Air Force, late 1947.

ibftGmeSKllULfdVMHLpoVZzz6A_zxwi1a7iktXR

cPQKw4i3pIMudGOzSvaJZ4FWGiFwNi6jr3hnMQmf

GlPLVI8LiLXQaHQvtqjhXOPjqLKFIpbLsYOI4E8X

cTriev1j34J3qTj-Z-CXaAupAzUwGSMh_G3rIpEO

vYUxzVCOzaXpeZalGRojLm5fyHJpq9mZMRvivvei

rBnGVPlOnouVEJ0gLmbbYKHUvwUluURX5j9-lTCE

fsRzSCEMgPEXF2jfbWQtVpEusWtaqQTSTu9Xmhi3

8IIRDrhJnv0HI0Yvps8WDA3751Vh_zFrs8H1_2Zq

wnWskcUYG_BDvtWta8tU3gAh5WgDykPE3MX7hQhT

Thanks for looking
Miguel

• Like 18

44 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Nice pair of 262's. The Eduard 1/144 kits are very nice.

Thanks Hobo. They are indeed. These were the first two I built. I then built a couple more and have several to build in my stash!

Miguel

Thank you all very much!

8 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

They look stunning, hard to believe they are so tiny!

What paint colour have you used? I recall the paint guide with the kits suggests RML02.

Tim, they were painted with PollyScale RLM02 directly over the olive green plastic.

Miguel

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spejic said:

These are nicely done. How do you get them to stay on their wheels? The Me 262 is very tail heavy, and there isn't much space for weight.

Thanks a lot Spejic. Fortunately there is just enough space forward of the cockpit to pack sufficient weight to keep them on their legs. I even managed to squeeze lead balls either side of the nose wheel bay. As you can imagine it was quite a relief when the kit did sit with the weight packed as otherwise the only other place to add more weight would have been in the forward section of the engine nacelles. With the Eduard kits, packing the nose well is enough!

Miguel