1:48 EE Canberra T17A

What a beauty. A fine model of a really interesting aircraft. Great work.

I loved the way that they added all those bulges and antennae to older airframes.

You made me get out my old photos and I hope you don't mind me adding these four shots of a non-special tailed visitor of the type seen at Valley in '93, which confirm what you said

about the staining from the cartridge starts.

Sorry I used grainy film and took them through a 'bottletop'. What an era that was. Even a couple of hours at the end of the runway used to throw up a variety of types (had TTTE and XV/ TWCU  Camo GR1s that morning also).

I also loved the way that the RAF used to use 'Dayglo' stickyback plastic for everything back then (as around the emergency break-in area by the access door).

Beautiful model.

Cheers Bob.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 hours ago, bobsyouruncle said:

What a beauty. A fine model of a really interesting aircraft. Great work.

I loved the way that they added all those bulges and antennae to older airframes.

You made me get out my old photos and I hope you don't mind me adding these four shots of a non-special tailed visitor of the type seen at Valley in '93, which confirm what you said

about the staining from the cartridge starts.

Sorry I used grainy film and took them through a 'bottletop'. What an era that was. Even a couple of hours at the end of the runway used to throw up a variety of types (had TTTE and XV/ TWCU  Camo GR1s that morning also).

I also loved the way that the RAF used to use 'Dayglo' stickyback plastic for everything back then (as around the emergency break-in area by the access door).

Beautiful model.

Cheers Bob.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They are fantastic. Thankyou for posting them 

• 3 months later...

Honestly, I am a bit sceptical about the fact that both ailerons point downwards. They are not flaps but control surfaces to control rolling or banking: If the one on starboard goes up, the one on port should go down (and vice-versa). I am not sure if the Canberra had combined ailerons/flaps.

Otherwise I like the model a lot, especially the weathered hemp-scheme!

36 minutes ago, Doc72 said:

Honestly, I am a bit sceptical about the fact that both ailerons point downwards. They are not flaps but control surfaces to control rolling or banking: If the one on starboard goes up, the one on port should go down (and vice-versa). I am not sure if the Canberra had combined ailerons/flaps.

Otherwise I like the model a lot, especially the weathered hemp-scheme!

When on the ground the Canberra’s ailerons droop symmetrically, but only by about 2o.  To achieve the degree of droop depicted would require the aileron cables to have been disconnected or cut and the stops to have been removed.  

Whilst I don’t doubt Rich’s skills as a painter I do think that the weathering, and particularly the emphasised panel lines, is overdone and makes the model look like a refugee from Wyton’s fire dump.  I know it’s his model and that this topic has been done to death and back again the long way but just my two (proper British) two penn’orth.

• Like 1

Congrats on a fantastic model and on the award at the weekend--much deserved! I found your post at an opportune time as I am about to start work on the Classic Airframes version.  Did you happen to do a WIP on Britmodeller? In particular, I would like to learn: what paints you used; how you did the weathering; and how you avoided silvering on the stencil decals that are mostly transparent.  Thanks and well done!