F-4F Phantom II Norm 81A scheme

Excellent work and I can't see any room for improvement. One of my favourite camo schemes too, so really like this.

Edited by Filler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

I was satisfied with the end result and there is much for me to ponder that I will try and improve on for my next build.

Improve what?????:shrug:

If you do another Hasegawa long nose, here's an accessory for your consideration:

y6rua9w7

And  here's another nice piece of Black Dog resin for a Navy Phantom (Academy kit shown):

yym842h3

Since you're in Canada, here are the Canadian distributors, according to Black Dog Website:
www.toysoldiertoronto.com
www.Track48.com
www.highcalibreminiatures.com
www.dixonhobbies.com

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Gene K said:

If you do another Hasegawa long nose, here's an accessory for your consideration:

Another long nose Phantom might be the ZM if it comes soon. But that cannon and refueling probe look good.

12 hours ago, Rich G said:

Awesome work, especially on the scratchbuilt ladder!

I enjoy the soldering work, very rewarding scratchbuilding a piece like that.

Thank you for the many comments. The photo of the actual aircraft looks to have the white balance off a bit which may have skewed the colours somewhat but looking over pictures of other aircraft, they did vary somewhat.

Now I have a T-33 waiting for me, aluminum finish and faded day-glow, another challenge.

• Like 1

Hi, beautiful model and beautiful camo schemes. Near where I live a few years ago the German pilots of this beautiful plane were trained every day. The roar of the reactor taking off was impressive.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:33 PM, Sturmovik said:

Germany's Luftwaffe sure loves the splintern camouflage.

Yes they do, the colours look very familiar.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, Arch said:

Near where I live a few years ago the German pilots of this beautiful plane were trained every day. The roar of the reactor taking off was impressive.

Your were lucky, I actually only saw the F-4F once at an airshow in Winnipeg, and they left with a flypast I will never forget.   😮

Thank you for the comments.

• 2 years later...

Well, two years after your post, it's still clearly an awesome build.

I'm still trying to get over that boarding ladder!  

I've never tried to solder anything (model-wise I mean) and I suspect a thing like that involves great skill and experience.

:clap2::clap2:

13 hours ago, kapam said:

Well, two years after your post, it's still clearly an awesome build.

I'm still trying to get over that boarding ladder!

Thank you Kapam. Having the temperature controlled soldering iron is best and soldering is not a case of more heat is better, the correct heat is best. I use the soldering paste to keep the melt controllable. For a ladder or anything you have to keep the rungs parallel and looking straight.  Here are a couple of pics of a T-33 ladder I made last year. Have some small pieces of wood on hand and wood clothespins, they will dissipate the heat nicely.

hirB6Lm.jpg

KmrSXb7.jpg

The second picture shows the ladder before the solder was filed and sanding done.

Learning by Burning as an old Avionics friend once said to me.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BerndM said:

Excellent result and one of my favorite camo schemes when it comes to the F-4.

Thank you @BerndM , the Norm 81's are popular with so many enthusiasts. 

• Like 1