1963 EE Lightning F.1 111 Sqn Airfix 1/48

Hi all, for my entry I have chosen a Lightning of 111 Sqn at RAF Wattisham in October of 1963. The connection is I served on 111 Sqn at RAF Leuchars in the 1990's and this is what they were flying the year I was born.

I have chosen the Airfix F1/F1A kit in 1/48. It is a big box

spacer.png

Also going to be a bit bigger than I thought it would be. That's an A3 mat.

spacer.png

But not as many pieces as I thought.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I intend to build out of the box, apart from the appropriate decals, kindly offered by Paul J, thank you very much mate.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 10

Well done Kev and nice to also know you served with Treble One as well. The Airfix 1/48 Lightning is a lovely kit and I wish you all the best to bring this one home to a standard you're happy with. 

Cheers and warm welcome.. Dave. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Unfortunatley I am not going to get this finished for the deadline. Where does the time go? I have learnt an awful lot from taking part though, my first group build, my first use of an air brush and first all metallic finish. Have just ordered Flory wash to add to it. Thouroughly enjoying the build and will post pics on completion. Thanks for letting me take part.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 2

That’s all good Kev, this GB has caught a few of us out, even your GB host has failed to deliver! Make sure you post your completed build in the RFI section once finished. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 3 weeks later...