1/48 - Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark "Hokum-A" & Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" by Zimi Model (ex-Kitty Hawk) - in project - Ka-52 box art

Homebee

A new M. Song Wang subliminal message in the Kitty Hawk afficionados Facebook group.

Kitty Hawk might have a 1/48th Kamov Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" kit in the pipe line.

To be followed

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369828906819827/permalink/667734353695946/

KA52.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

Luckily for you all I bought the resin upgrade for the Revell ka-50. That seemed the only way to get this one in plastic on the market. But it looks we are getting spoiled as a mi-28 is also in the making... And by the same company no less

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

One more thing, if Kittyhawk you read me, put more care on the 2A42 cannon that has so much detail and I didn't can finish my so old Revell"s Ka-50, it's really a lot of workon that kit, when I finish the cockpit correction, I have to re-engrave the panels lines, then I'm blocking on the propellers and when I see the cannon, my god I'm really depressed with this kit. I know you can make very better than Revell.

• Like 1

Ok, this will necessitate more shelving for my stash but I have always loved this helecopter and have been waiting for a good 1/48 scale offering.  Seriously, this has got to be one of the meanest looking choppers out there.   Video of the chopper have been around for some time and one scheme is a very interesting deep blue from Russia navel aviation which looks good to me.  Also here is a great video of a ka-52 doing a low pass:

https://www.military.com/video/aircraft/helicopters/ka-52-performs-slow-low-pass/3479542271001

On 9/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, salomon said:

One more thing, if Kittyhawk you read me, put more care on the 2A42 cannon that has so much detail and I didn't can finish my so old Revell"s Ka-50, it's really a lot of workon that kit, when I finish the cockpit correction, I have to re-engrave the panels lines, then I'm blocking on the propellers and when I see the cannon, my god I'm really depressed with this kit. I know you can make very better than Revell.

The Revell kit was made by Italeri. There's an aftermarket gun for it made by Quickboost.

ahm4663.jpg

The Ka-52 looks pretty menacing, though so even though I prefer the Soviet era stuff, I'll have to make an exception here. That GOES-451 turret sticks out like a sore thumb, though.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 2

Horraay ! In this i hope from 2006, when i first flow Ka-52 in stunning PC simulator "Enemy Engaged - Comanche vs. Hokum". Comanche was never developed to end,  but "Aligator" was today real and combat used "Hellcopter". So, i was curious when Kittyhawk released their  "Reptile" ! Boxart is great - but we can see a Plastic ! (OK, and i must found a DVD with Hokum vs. Commanche). 

• 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark "Hokum-A" & Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk) - in project - Ka-52 box art
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark "Hokum-A" & Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" by Zimi Model (ex-Kitty Hawk) - in project - Ka-52 box art
6 hours ago, Pfeil said:

Recently finished my Ka-52 with Neomega conversion set, a lot of work:

I feel your pain, finished mine last month after as you say, a lot of work!  Can you post some more photos in the Ready for Inspection gallery for us to see?

Welcome to the new tool indeed.

Q3ihJPZ.jpg

• Like 3