This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark "Hokum-A" & Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" by Kitty Hawk - in project

Posted (edited)

A new M. Song Wang subliminal message in the Kitty Hawk afficionados Facebook group.

Kitty Hawk might have a 1/48th Kamov Ka-52 Alligator "Hokum-B" kit in the pipe line.

To be followed

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369828906819827/permalink/667734353695946/

KA52.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

Luckily for you all I bought the resin upgrade for the Revell ka-50. That seemed the only way to get this one in plastic on the market. But it looks we are getting spoiled as a mi-28 is also in the making... And by the same company no less

20 hours ago, Silenoz said:

I bought the resin upgrade for the Revell ka-50

Yep, me too. I'm starting it now, hoping the Mi-28 comes out first.

I just sourced the Ka-50 baae kit for the conversion... that was not that easy either!

Posted (edited)

True... Almost extinct...ordered mine in New Zealand...

Edited by Silenoz

I hadn't been able to get the source kit for the Neomega resin, so this is great news!

One more thing, if Kittyhawk you read me, put more care on the 2A42 cannon that has so much detail and I didn't can finish my so old Revell"s Ka-50, it's really a lot of workon that kit, when I finish the cockpit correction, I have to re-engrave the panels lines, then I'm blocking on the propellers and when I see the cannon, my god I'm really depressed with this kit. I know you can make very better than Revell.

Ok, this will necessitate more shelving for my stash but I have always loved this helecopter and have been waiting for a good 1/48 scale offering.  Seriously, this has got to be one of the meanest looking choppers out there.   Video of the chopper have been around for some time and one scheme is a very interesting deep blue from Russia navel aviation which looks good to me.  Also here is a great video of a ka-52 doing a low pass:

https://www.military.com/video/aircraft/helicopters/ka-52-performs-slow-low-pass/3479542271001