New from Wingnut Wings - Kit 32068

Viking

I see the latest Wingnut Wings email newsletter contains this teaser:

"New model on display at Chattanooga;
-32068 1/32 All new model in development for 2020 to be revealed on 7 August (Chattanooga time)."

Please let it be a Sopwith 1½ Strutter.  😀 It'll go so well with the Pup, Tripe, Camel, & Snipe, and there are so many markings it can wear, including some great French ones.

What do you hope it will be.....

Cheers

John

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

I see the latest Wingnut Wings email newsletter contains this teaser:

"New model on display at Chattanooga;
-32068 1/32 All new model in development for 2020 to be revealed on 7 August (Chattanooga time)."

Please let it be a Sopwith 1½ Strutter.  😀 It'll go so well with the Pup, Tripe, Camel, & Snipe, and there are so many markings it can wear, including some great French ones.

What do you hope it will be.....

Cheers

John

I liked the suggestion somewhere else that it’ll be a Flying Fortress to go with the lanc😉

• Haha 1

I have been looking into various WWI types recently (as you do) and came across a surprisingly over looked aircraft. It is the Short Type 184 seaplane. Which I think is right up WNW street?  Although there were a lot built so it isn’t hitting the obscurity buttons.  It does look like a wonderful aircraft.  

So that one for me 👍🏻 Thanks. 

Edited by Bear Paw
Incorrect number

I’d like to see a BE2. Some 3500 built and while not exactly in the Camel Fokker or SE5 performance stakes it was an important type with honourable service and somewhat overlooked in modelling terms maybe. 

The DR.1 will be very welcome, I can see myself building a few of these, especially since the Werner Voss tripe is one of the options.

There will probably be a Richthofen Aces boxing at some point in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered 1 of each of the DR-1's from Hannant's, no guarantee that will assure I get them, but hope so, I think they will sell out fast and it may be a long time before they do another run.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:01 AM, One 48 said:

Pre-ordered 1 of each of the DR-1's from Hannant's, no guarantee that will assure I get them, but hope so, I think they will sell out fast and it may be a long time before they do another run.

i'm not worried about them selling out in less than a year, i'm expecting them to manufacture a lot of 'em. the Hisso SE5a took quite a while to sell out compared to other early kits (especially the RE.8). 

about a year and a half ago, WNW still had 32 SE5as in stock. the LVG C.VI was already sold out, so it appears to me they dropped far fewer of it than the SE5a. 

• Like 1

Well I hope so, hope you are right, but no harm in getting my order in early to be sure, the buzz about these two releases seems to be higher than any previous WNW release.

14 hours ago, One 48 said:

Well I hope so, hope you are right, but no harm in getting my order in early to be sure, the buzz about these two releases seems to be higher than any previous WNW release.

yep if this is an important one for you get in there early. 

i pre-ordered my CSM Nieuports, just to be safe. if the dreideckers sell out faster than the Jasta 5 set (i waited til late, still got 2 of those) then i can live with the Roden kit it's pretty good. i have a dismayingly long wish list to manage...

• Like 1

I have the Roden Dr1 and it is a good kit. I have the Decals for it from the recently released WNW Albatros DV  with all of Richthofen’s aircraft. They recommend using the Roden kit in the instruction book.  

• Like 1