Hasegawa 1/72 IAI Kfir

Hi Guys,
You can't beat the price of this kit, the nearest other kit is twice the Hasegawa one. There are some problem tho but it is fun to build, Yes there are some gaps and need filling and sanding. Need some dry fitting ad well. Other than that it is a smooth sail. The decals are a bit thick and registering need some caring and also the edges has lots of film which need to trim out otherwise it creates silvering. Painting boy o boy it was quite hard, first I tried the three-tone camo but halfway I gave up as it was never giving the color I want so I end up painting the two-tone grey one and Yeah I almost the clear part by using class color instead of food colors. It is a bit dated kit, however, I hope you like what I have done with it, Thank you for looking.

Cheers 

IMG-20190727-185320.jpg

IMG-20190727-192324.jpg

IMG-20190728-174308.jpg

IMG-20190728-193944.jpg

IMG-20190730-204930.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

DSC-6492.jpg

• Like 25

• 3 months later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:00 AM, whiskey said:

Excellent. The Lion Cub is one of my favorite aircraft. And that's saying a lot as I'm not a fan of the Mirage lol.

3 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Just found this looking for something else, what a great job

Thanks, Gent. I got the same kit again, and this time am gonna build it to the three tones sand colors.

Hi Tom

Busy building ....great keep it up.....I remember this kit fondly......I remember screwing it up....by applying some very old humbrol paint ......to it....these were the good old days or modelling as a kid and on budget........

nice results.........on yours

rgds

Not sure what I was up to back in August, but obviously not paying attention. I like what you do with these less that fantastic kits Tom, this is another that really looks the biz. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz