1966 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701

Ernie

My entry will be the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 from The Original Series, using  AMT's 50th Anniversary edition of their 1/650 scale kit.

48443111452_bed631461f_b.jpg

I thought  this would be kind of cool as my birthday is September 7th, 1966; the 1st ever serial episode of Star Trek  aired on September 8th, 1966.  While not a diehard Star Trek fan, I have always enjoyed the different series and movies so I think this will be an appropriate subject represent the pop culture icon that began the day after my birth. Oh, and plus I have never built a Star Trek model yet😀

• Like 13

This is an excellent addition to 1966 and to all Star Trek lovers. I have so much wanted to own one of these kits, however have never shelled out the coins when one has presented itself. I  must admit, that I a fan of 'only' the original series, however have spawned an offspring who has (thanks to Netflix) taken to whole lot during his short life. Mrs RL is also a subject of 1966, so I will watch on with intense interest to see how you get on with this USS  Enterprise kit. 

Cheers and the warmest of welcomes.. Dave.