Bristol Type 72 racer, Avis 1/72

The fuel caps and vents, wheels, Pitot, rigging, decals and 18 exhausts are added from alu tube. Still to go are the windshield and prop/spinner assembly. The kit's decals are very nice, but are thin and do not "slide" easily, so handle, as usual, with care. I added the tire's white writing from the Arctic Decals set:

IMG_5499+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

I used the Arctic Decals set to re-decal my old build (in the foreground) to a better standard than it originally was:

IMG_5500+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 4

Brilliant work, Claudio! Mine won't come out as well, but even close to your standard would be nice. I plan on doing mine without the bracing wires; as initially flown it did not have them as it was meant to be fully cantilever. That also means no race number, but I can live without that.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That is a cute little red rocket! Another very nice build with many corrections to make it a much better replica than came in the box. I've come to expect no less from you. I'm waiting for a scratchbuilt Schoenfeldt Firecracker next- hopefully you have some yellow paint mixed up already! 

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

Brilliant work, Claudio! Mine won't come out as well, but even close to your standard would be nice. I plan on doing mine without the bracing wires; as initially flown it did not have them as it was meant to be fully cantilever. That also means no race number, but I can live without that.

Best Regards,

Jason

I am sure it's going to be a beauty, and special in its own way.

The goal is to have fun, as much as it can be had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Wow! That is a cute little red rocket! Another very nice build with many corrections to make it a much better replica than came in the box. I've come to expect no less from you. I'm waiting for a scratchbuilt Schoenfeldt Firecracker next- hopefully you have some yellow paint mixed up already! 

Mike

I will confess to this much: I have had a folder for many years now on it.

As for the yellow paint, I am afraid it will be all but dried out by the time its number comes up.

Besides, LF models has released it in 1/72 already, Not that I will ever pay the more than 40 Euros all counted, asked for it at a known vendor.

Another vendor (In the British Islands) has one left for a more reasonable price. It's all yours if you read this first. :hypnotised:

Here is a review note on it:

http://www.ipmsairrace.org/BT_files/BT_article/19firecracker.pdf

• Like 2

Really lovely work, Moa  There were many configurations of the Racer some with and some without rigging and spinners. If it were me I'd deliberately make them slightly different, mostly because ?I'd struggle to make them identical :).

BTW what's that lurking in the foreground of the 1st photo?  looks interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Moa said:

With a very fine and sharp pair of tweezers:

They look mighty fine to me.

8 minutes ago, Moa said:

Yes, but it's a secret.

I need a name to banish it from this mortal world! One day...

Stuart 

• Haha 1

Yes I'm afraid I succumbed too. My one question is how you got hold of  a real Bristol racer  for the photos and where did the model go :)

Hope mine turns out even half as good.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1