Server Existential Crisis

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

They're so random it's not worth tracking them individually.  I've only had 2 so far today, and if you go back and see if it happens again, it doesn't.  So yeah, don't bother anymore :)

I was just coming back to 'like' that post Mike (as we don't have an OK button) - & guess what happened....!!!

I had one earlier when copying a link from Flickr to my WIP thread. But it appeared at the bottom of the page saying can't embed. Needless to say deleted the copied link (that didn't magically turn into a pic) re pasted it. Jobs a good un. 

That's from android mobile by the way. 

Other than that I've not had the 500 mesaage for a few days now. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mike said:

Has anyone been getting the 500 error today, and if so when?  Something has been changed on the server, and I'm trying to gauge whether the change has had an effect.  So we're interested in the LAST time you received the error :)

Over to you guys ;)

I got it yesterday, about 20:00 Central Standard Time, in Florida.

Refreshed and it worked fine.

Nothing since then.   

Just got it again 1 minute ago.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

37 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Just got it again 1 minute ago.

They're like the Candy Man.  Mention them too often and up pops a 500 error! :frantic:

• Haha 2

I know these are a bit of a hassle and we shouldn't expect some loser to be attacking the site, but let's not forget that a few years ago we'd be sat waiting for images to appear and re-loading pages when the 'net was much flakier than it is now and dial up was the main form of access.

I try to remind myself, when 'superfast' gets bogged down, that all we used to have was 'super slow'..

Matt

11 minutes ago, Mattlow said:

I know these are a bit of a hassle and we shouldn't expect some loser to be attacking the site, but let's not forget that a few years ago we'd be sat waiting for images to appear and re-loading pages when the 'net was much flakier than it is now and dial up was the main form of access.

I try to remind myself, when 'superfast' gets bogged down, that all we used to have was 'super slow'..

Matt

There was a time,many moons ago,when all I had access to was magazines and their recommendations for books.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alex Gordon said:

There was a time,many moons ago,when all I had access to was magazines and their recommendations for books.

:nerd: ...and you couldn't even pinch to zoom the tiny pics! :shocked:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Another couple this morning.

I’ve been thinking (you in the back stop sniggering) that posting updates about the attacks only publicises the problem and gives the ‘person’ feedback.

would it be better to PM Mike instead?

Trevor

The infamous 500 error being experienced just now, and for the past several days, a few times each day, reloading gets rid of it.

Also the blinking grey photos background that do not upload or take a while to do so, since the server was moved. The latter only once in a while, every couple days or so.

Experiencing all these in desktop PC, Macbook, and iPhone.

Getting fed up with it. At least every time I log in!!!   Still getting those puce coloured blocks and pages freezing .   Have to sign out and back in again very annoying and often in the middle of writing a post or responding to messages.

I've had it twice today on my iPad (IoS 12.4) and once or twice on my laptop (Win10 1903).

Sorry, didn't note times. etc. but all after mid-day.

Not a show stopper, more an irritant.

Obviously it's a randpm event and from my point of view at least. not confined to one platform/

Jonny

• Julien locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Depth charge it, that'll show the blighter....!!

That's probably what most of us would like to do to the #sadpersonatacomputer I'm sure :)

• Like 3

I'm getting this one now

Service unavailable

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

About four times in the last hour as I go from one page to another. I retry and it goes away.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Service unavailable

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

There are a few new errors that have popped up today, which is why I've asked the Support people to look HARD at it all.  You know how it is whenever you have a problem where there's a hardware and a software side.  They start off blaming each other, and you get nowhere initially.  These error messages are starting to to point toward the hardware side of things (and by that I mean hardware and OS) as it only started when the forum was attacked at the end of last month beginning of this.  We'll track it down eventually, and I'm hoping we can also retrieve those three locked threads we have.  It'll be a shame if we can't after the effort the members put into them, but we can thank #sadpersonatacomputer for that. :poop:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'm getting this one now

Service unavailable

About four times in the last hour as I go from one page to another. I retry and it goes away.

Pete

Me too - just now