Server Existential Crisis

2 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

It doesn’t bother or trouble me in the slightest. I never said it did. 

That’s a relief. Sorry I misread your post. I read it as you were put off coming here due to the shenanigans of #sadmanatacomputer whoever he/she may be!

understand fully the other demands. We are trying to get a new house build on a self build so in the same club. 

Misreading or or misinterpreting is the curse of the written word

4 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

I just can’t believe its still going on, there must be more to it than what we are led to believe for ‘one person’ or a group of people to feel that annoyed by something in the past to still be carrying out these ‘attacks’

Nope.  Existing seems to be enough for them.

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

I have also had these issues from time to time but to be fair the choice is quite simple. Log on knowing the odd refresh may be required or don't log on. I would prefer to have no issues at all with the site but for now it's how it is.

It won't be that way forever - we'll get to the bottom of it eventually. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Oh the irony.

Just tapped into this thread and guess what happened?

Trevor

This made me smile Trevor. Thing is will you be losing any sleep over this ? No I didn't think so !

• Haha 1

We will get over it, and I've been discussing it with Support in great detail this avo, a little of which went over my head but I'm trying to keep up.

meantime, just hit F5 if you get a 500.  It's not a life-changing event, just a minor annoyance caused by a #sadpersonatacomputer and I don't mean me! :tease:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

I had a 403 Forbidden yesterday afternoon.

That was during the reboot failure Simon, which while "fun" is now over :)

• Haha 1

Just now, Spookytooth said:

I thought it was my computer at first ( still using XP )

Upgrading to 10 soon.

It must be getting harder and harder to stay up with the times on XP, so I can understand that.  I'll probably have to leave W7 before too long, although I don't really want to :(

• Like 1

When we got the computer." 7 "had just come out, we were told to avoid "Vista" like the plague .

XP is not supported anymore , I cannot get onto Flickr any more for one...

I am just bracing my self for it.

I am not I.T. proficient, but will get there. LOL

Simon. 

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

When we got the computer." 7 "had just come out, we were told to avoid "Vista" like the plague .

XP is not supported anymore , I cannot get onto Flickr any more for one...

I am just bracing my self for it.

I am not I.T. proficient, but will get there. LOL

Simon. 

For both this forum and Flickr, I have gone to GOOGLE Chrome. 

Chris

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

For both this forum and Flickr, I have gone to GOOGLE Chrome. 

Chris

I am using Google Chrome, but I cannot update it....

That`s why I am going to 10 sir.

And yes, this forum runs quicker on Chrome than the Microsoft stuff.

Simon.

20 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Just had the 500 error pop up at 18:45 hrs using Safari in my iPad.

Imagine if the person responsible had put that much time and effort into something creative. As it is, it's just sad, and petty.

Same here too, got back on though.

Simon

On 8/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, GordonD said:

Anyway, I don't need to worry. A nice Indian man from Microsoft phoned me and told me my computer was infected, so I let him load an antivirus program that he assured me would take care of everything.

After a man from India, a lawyer 😁😁from Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam

should write to you about the fact that several million have left you a legacy! 😁 They usually work together! 😁😁

Sometimes they are very original!

I remember, I was sent a letter saying that need to donate money to return to the planet the Earth of a Russian cosmonaut who has been flying in space since the mid-90s and cannot return because the Russian Space Agency has no money for this!  😂😂😂

Laughed all Scalemodels... Nigerian lawyers, such Nigerian lawyers!😁😁😁

"Error 500" periodically I have it too, but today was not yet.

B.R.

Serge

I don‘t know how this is connected to the DDoS but for the last 2 Days I was unable to access the site via LAN or WIFI but had no problems via mobile (4G)...

does anyone know what I can do to solve this? I already restarted my router but the problem remained.

any advice would be great!

thanks Konrad

2 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

It just happened again Mike.

Yeah - I've had one a bit earlier, and as it seems to be completely random it's not really worth reporting them any more, so just hit refresh and roll your eyes at #sadpersonatacompter.  I've got Support working on it in the background though, so we'll have to grin & bear it for now. :shrug:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, USS_ESSESS said:

I don‘t know how this is connected to the DDoS but for the last 2 Days I was unable to access the site via LAN or WIFI but had no problems via mobile (4G)...

does anyone know what I can do to solve this? I already restarted my router but the problem remained.

any advice would be great!

thanks Konrad

Mike the Moderator can help you will need your Ip address so that he can trace where the problem lies. You can tag him by placing an @ symbol in front of his name with no gaps, or P/M him. 

5 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

One of those things Mike, there is more to life than sitting in front of a computer/model bench.

I found out that I had a wife and family LOL.

Simon.

I did that a while back, too, so I thought I would have a nice conversation with my wife. After a short while she said " For the love of God, go back on the computer and leave me alone! "   Mission accomplished!

Chris

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Are you still tracking these @Mike? If so just had one when going into the Barons Listening to the Solstice thread in wip aircraft...

They're so random it's not worth tracking them individually.  I've only had 2 so far today, and if you go back and see if it happens again, it doesn't.  So yeah, don't bother anymore :)