Server Existential Crisis

Is that the one that mentions decals and antiques roadshow?

I've just had it, hit refresh and straight to the forums, and I've had it a few times this week with the same solution.

I use win 7 and a PC. I've never had it occur on my iphone or my kindle fire.

Has anyone been getting the 500 error today, and if so when?  Something has been changed on the server, and I'm trying to gauge whether the change has had an effect.  So we're interested in the LAST time you received the error :)

Over to you guys ;)

Had the 500 error last night approx 2300, but retracing my steps on the site 1345 today, it appears to have gone, but site a little slow to start with, but ok in general now...

BillyD

5 minutes ago, Billydick said:

1351... just got 500 error when trying to access figures section... 😕

BillyD

Yes - we had to undo the changes, so the 500 errors are back.  We're working with Support to undo these issues that are directly as a result of the attack earlier in the week.  Thanks #sadpersonatacomputer  ooooh - it just thundered as I typed that! :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Yes - we had to undo the changes, so the 500 errors are back.  We're working with Support to undo these issues that are directly as a result of the attack earlier in the week.  Thanks #sadpersonatacomputer  ooooh - it just thundered as I typed that! :unsure:

The gods are obviously not pleased either ...🤣

BillyD

We were down for a few minutes earlier, as the server didn't finish rebooting, so someone had to intervene manually.  We're still getting the occasional 500 error, but until we can track down the cause, pressing F5 will usually clear it and lead you to the page you're after. :)

• Like 1

A bit more "backroom" work meant a table was offline briefly so if you got a 500 error a minute ago (until just now), that's why.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Has anyone been getting the 500 error today, and if so when? 

several today around lunchtime EDT (USA)

also getting a 403 FOrbidden error in The Year I was Born group build for the post by Mr Ed - 1944    https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235059123-1944-having-a-ball-with-chain-lightning/

3 hours ago, Panther II said:

When I came on about an hour ago I got the 500 message.  @Mike Would you mind changing my forum name? Please change it to German Armour

Piggy-backing requests, eh? :tease:

50 minutes ago, hendie said:

also getting a 403 FOrbidden error in The Year I was Born group build for the post by Mr Ed - 1944    https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235059123-1944-having-a-ball-with-chain-lightning/

Yep, we're already aware of that one.  If we can't fix it we'll have to delete it, sadly for OP :(

• Haha 1

I just came back onto the forum a moment ago and the first notification was a Mike's newest posting here. I clicked on it and got the 500 Server Existential Crisis thing. First time today.

Chris

18 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Not been on the forum for months, not even as a guest iirc

Logs out. 

Hadn’t noticed tbh

it doesn’t bother me when it happens. I just get on with it. Sorry it seems to trouble you though. 

8 hours ago, JohnT said:

Hadn’t noticed tbh

it doesn’t bother me when it happens. I just get on with it. Sorry it seems to trouble you though. 

It doesn’t bother or trouble me in the slightest. I never said it did. 

I just have other things I could be getting on with in life. Playing with plastic is a luxury at the minute. Sharing my progress with them via the internet (or current lack of) even more so. 

I just can’t believe its still going on, there must be more to it than what we are led to believe for ‘one person’ or a group of people to feel that annoyed by something in the past to still be carrying out these ‘attacks’

I have also had these issues from time to time but to be fair the choice is quite simple. Log on knowing the odd refresh may be required or don't log on. I would prefer to have no issues at all with the site but for now it's how it is.

• Thanks 1