Brushes particularly synthetic

PhantomBigStu

Made do with Humbrol synthetic brushes that I have accumulated from various starter and gift sets over the years, however I am in need of some new brushes having none of the smaller variety’s I use the most of left, where should look for such brushes, seems a lot of buying advice is towards the natural hair brushes which I’ve found don’t like acrylic paint 

I buy most of my brushes from the art section of our local equivalent of your WH Smiths, I'd be surprised if they don't do something similar. Our lot, Whitcoulls, has a good range of sizes & not too pricey,

Steve.

• Thanks 1

The Works do sets of six nylon brushes very cheaply, they're actually at least as good as the ones that come with the Airfix Starter Sets.

I've got three jam-jars full of brushes of varying expense and the donkey-work is almost always done with these brushes from The Works - because it really doesn't matter if I wear them out or use them to apply Micro-Plastic-Weld or whatever., Most of my expensive brushes that I was saving for 'Sunday Best' have never actually been used at all :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you're right Stu - synthetic for acrylic, sable for enamels.

Our own Beardie put me on to abc brushes some time ago and, although I've never used them, they have a good range at reasonable prices if you don't want to go shopping.

HTH :) 

• Thanks 1

You could try Pro-Arte brushes, which you can buy on-line from Jacksons, or your local Hobbycraft (might have the name wrong) store.

Best Wishes,

Will.

Cheers again guys, had a look in the works but they only had the 4 packs with 3 large brushes I don’t need, but decided to pop into the local art shop, and among the expensive natural hair brushes the was a pot of assorted nylon ones for 50p so I carefully selected myself six of the smaller ones, that will do for a while :)