1965 - MiG-17

Foxbat

I'm building Zvezda's re-pop of the Dragon MiG-17 Fresco A in another GB in aftermarket markings but...

One of the kit options is for an aircraft of the NVAF and it depicts the machine that caused the US's first air to air casualty of the Vietnam War, an F-8 Crusader, on 3rd April 1965. A couple of months later I showed my face and things would never be the same again for so many people on three continents :D 

Couple of place holders while I wait for the postie to deliver my second kit, these are the box and sprue shots from the other build.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's 25 years old now but still builds easily and quickly. Incidentally, the new Airfix MiG-17 featured in their Workbench article today. Looks good, but it's the after burning version with the big air brakes so there's still a place for this kit for early Frescoes

Andy

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Wow! Another one!

Really like the -17!

It's the quick and easy that does it. I got the first one more than half built and painted today.

I  really should get some work done on my armour, there's four of them to finish in three GBs 

Andy

Great addition they're Andy, as they always say why not build two whenever you're just building one! 

I do agree, those sprue images do look quite nice for something now approaching 25 years. 

Cheers and warm welcome.. Dave