1/32 - Fokker F.1/Dr.1 Dreidecker (early & late) by Wingnut Wings - test models+sprues - release in 2020

Homebee

Bristol M1.c would be nice. I know Special Hobbies has one and Alley Cat does one on special order but, a WNW M1.c would be very nice.

Or dare I dream and say Hawker Fury!!

Edited by Sean1968

I'm actually surprised WNW has not released a DH-5.  Given the Australian connection, it would be a natural subject.  Not that it would be my personal first choice, but it would suit WNW perfectly.

3 hours ago, Phil Carlson said:

Saw something about a Handley-Page on Large Scale Plane's page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/largescaleplanes/?fref=nf 

Never mind. That's not new info. Sorry.

Yes a Handley Page 0/100 (the variant 0/400 was already announced at Telford in 2018) - and thread is here: link

But the new ones are 

- ref. 32068 - Fokker F.1/Dr.1  Dreidecker - early

- ref. 32069 - Fokker Dr.1  Dreidecker - late

Source: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/81418-wnw-132-dr-1-triplane/ 

Pictures Ernie Ling - link

68482818-10213825802150237-3281320469722

67627989-10213825802750252-4009704209673

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Homebee said:

Yes a Handley Page 0/100 (the 0400 was already announced at Telford in 2018) - and thread is here: link

But the new one is a 1/32nd Fokker Dr.1 Dreidecker.

V.P.

Goes to show how much I know. Ah well, maybe the next one will be a BE.2e....

I am sure it will be lovely but I have the Roden one which will not be as good but will still do me nicely all the same.  Had it been a SPAD XIII, a BE 2 or Bristol Scout - something not already kitted in 1/32 then that would have been a different matter.  Have to say that Roden kits dont make money for WNW so good luck to WNW and I hope they keep them coming.

Pity not much been released from Silver Wings these days or am I missing something?  

1/32 Gloster Gauntlet anyone?  Anyone??

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, JohnT said:

I am sure it will be lovely but I have the Roden one which will not be as good but will still do me nicely all the same.  Had it been a SPAD XIII, a BE 2 or Bristol Scout - something not already kitted in 1/32 then that would have been a different matter.  Have to say that Roden kits dont make money for WNW so good luck to WNW and I hope they keep them coming.

Pity not much been released from Silver Wings these days or am I missing something?  

1/32 Gloster Gauntlet anyone?  Anyone??

If I remember rightly they were talking about a Gauntlet a couple of years ago but, as you say, all quiet over there right now. I too have a Roden Dr.1 so I can't see much point in buying a WNW one. I can see it appealing though as its another minimal rigging machine - and its tiny of course so won't take up much cabinet space, except vertically! Wingnut may have trouble filling one of their standard boxes of course - which would be a first!

• Like 1

Gentlemens, Fokker Dreidecker is most famous and recognizable airplane from WW1. It is synonymous for "Red Baron" and overall for WW-1 air war. And from WnW was a gorgeous kit, not comparable with old Roden kit... I need minimal two - Verner Voss Happy Face F.I and - naturaly - Red Baron last mount !

Now please SPAD XIII & VII and i' m.happy.

This will be a much waited for addition to their range. I am keen to see them do a Be2. Strange thing is Jackson had a full size one built which is in a local museum here.

It is absolutely fantastic.  Why they don't do one is beyond me.

• Like 1

I'm also perplexed as to the absence of a Be.2.  Not that it's on the top of my personal want list, but it's like the Lancaster...once you are building a full-scale replica, you have the data to make a kit.  Especially with modern CAD/CAM methods.

As I have noted elsewhere, it looks as though those of us waiting for an Avro 504 have a long wait on their hands. Sir Peter has a big say in what WNW produces, and from what the WNW people at Chattanooga were saying it doesn't float his boat at the moment.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...