F165 Bristol 138A Frogspawn. Finished and in Gallery

Mr T

Ed Deeley was a memorable person. Always ready to have chat at shows. His shop was pretty good, although I only visited it 2 or 3 times. Thanks for the comment as well

• Like 1

this going to be the last post for this kit as it is nearly finished and will, barring accidents, going into the gallery soon. Decals are on. The Rising Decals are very nice and settled really well, but are very thin and need careful handling. Fortunately some spares are given. Now needs the undercarriage and  pitots adding before a final varnish coat. It has been a good build so far of an unusual aircraft.

48737413278_dc0989d030_k_d.jpg

48737412793_8a8a013275_k_d.jpg

• Like 11

That’s a stunner Mt.T. I’ve been looking for a set of these decals for a while now, but they don’t seem to be readily available. I now suspect that after the worlds modellers see these wonderful images, those that have a set will be less willing to part with them! 

This GB has unearthed quite a few classic kits that can be turned into pure gems with care. This Bristol 138 is certainly up there IMO. Very well modelled mate! 

Cheers... Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr T changed the title to F165 Bristol 138A Frogspawn. Finished and in Gallery

That’s a cracker and HUGH inspiration that this kit can build up into a real show stopper. You’ve done an amazing job on this Frog kit and I congratulate you on a flawless build.

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, CliffB said:

It looks fabuolous in the Gallery MrT.   Congratulations!

I have to ask, did you buy it Woolies?  It's where I used to buy all my Novo kits, back in the day :)

Cliff

Redgates in Sheffield, used to sell a lot of Novo stuff, half price in the end, I think that cost me about 20p at the time, which even then was cheap (cue 'Four Yorkshireman' sketch). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1