Tamiya x22. Thinning

Bronzebeard

In reality it can, does spray OK, but can sometimes bead up, quite OK for clean up afterwards,

I wouldn't recommend  White Spirits first up, I would give some a mix to see if that might work before anything.

I personally have used to good effect Methylated Spirits, but ours is coloured a sort of purple, didn't show with the White Tamiya and GSI Creos paint though, also used Windex, or if you can get it Isopropyl Alcohol is the best,

The proprietary stuff is just that anyway.

Don’t see why not. I’ve brush painted some small when it wasn’t worth getting the airbrush out. For larger areas the retarder might help with an even coat, probably depends on your experience brush painting with other Tamiya paints

I would go 70 gloss and 30 thinner with the brush bro, make sure that it's not taky as you are painting, thinner than tamiya colour straight out the pot. A good brush and paint even strokes. leave for about 10 seconds if you still see brush marks don't worry it just needs thinning more, be very smooth and brush like water colours 

Tamiya's "acrylics" are in reality enamels using a mild, water-miscible solvent. Regardless of the paint type or brand, it's always best to use the manufacturer's own thinner. It's been formulated especially for the paint.

• Like 1