TAMIYA BF109 MODEL RETURN

Good evening everyone,

In February I posted that my modelling hobby had come to an abrupt end after an accident in which I lost the tips of my thumbs and forefingers on both hands.Now after six months including two months off work I am able to return to the build bench thanks to the work of Norwich University Hospital plastics department.

Below is my first attempt at a build which I actually started two days before the accident,the 1/48 Tamiya BF109 built out of the box and as all previous builds painted with the old hairy stick,the result an ok build and finish,not my best and not my worst.

It is just a pleasure to be able to do this again,i didn't think it would happen.

IMG_4455

IMG_4456

IMG_4457

IMG_4458

IMG_4459

IMG_4461

IMG_4460

• Like 39

Well, looks pretty good to me! It’s amazing how you’ve adapted, congratulations on getting one of your pleasures back. 

Thanks for sharing, and here’s to many more!🍻

I might have to whack off the tips of a few digits if you can assemble and brush paint a model that well! I am glad to see that you have managed so well after your injury....just dreading the day when the eyes or the hands go u/s on me and I can't build anymore, I am amazed at what you have done with this kit! Best of luck in the future! 👍

Mike

Man, what a comeback!  👏 I'm glad to see someone overcome a setback like you did. I imagine we all have thought how awful it would be to lose our abilities to build models.  You haven't let that stop you and your 109 is a great inspiration for me, and many others I'd guess.  Good on you and good work too! :worthy:

Thanks for everyone's kind comments it is good to be back into it.I would like to say that looking at everyone elses builds especially over the last six months was a great inspiration to get back to the bench and get back to this great hobby we all love.