F-22 raptor

Web99

Hi guys need some opinions on this one. I’m looking at building a 72nd scale raptor but I’ve got a couple options I could go with. Would I be better with the the academy raptor or the revell one? Also would I be able to replicate the LO surface detail by using different thicknesses of paint or masks to make it much less pronounced but still there? 

I have both in stash and Revell one has less details than Academy but has more interesting decal options. Since I havent built any I cannot comment on which one is more accurate as well as how any of these builds.

Can't speak from a firsthand build perspective, but in general the consensus is the Academy is a better kit.

Not sure precisely what you mean by the term "LO surface detail" - the F-22 has some "sawtooth" panel lines, but doesn't show the same degree of color variation along those joints that the F-35 became infamous for.  Despite several of the F-35 kits and a couple of the F-22s (notably Hasegawa 1/48) having the seam panels raised, this is not accurate since in reality the adjacent panels should all be flush.  Academy's Raptor has delicately scribed panel lines with no incorrect raised areas.

• Like 1