Frog Corsair.XXXXFINISHEDXXXXX

stevej60

Hi folk's replacing the lost S6 with be the Corsair,again will need to see which boxing turns up for the scheme.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Morning folk's kit arrived safe,box still sealed in wrapping,inside all looks nice in a pale green plastic.

20190805_131719

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Looks nice Steve. I have a crashed one in my box of doom in the loft. I seem to recall it being a very straightforward build.  I may resurrect it, but doubtful for this GB And I don't think I'd get away with the 25% rule.

Will follow with interest.

Cheers

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnson said:

Looks nice Steve. I have a crashed one in my box of doom in the loft. I seem to recall it being a very straightforward build.  I may resurrect it, but doubtful for this GB And I don't think I'd get away with the 25% rule.

Will follow with interest.

Cheers

The hosts are very generous when it comes to seeing Frog kits being finished.

Pop a picture in the chat section and I'll speak to @Rabbit Leader& @vppelt68on your behalf 

Great choice Steve, look forward to seeing you bring this one to life. 

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

And I don't think I'd get away with the 25% rule.

I’ve always said there are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can’t count! Guess which camp I belong too?

Your box of doom Corsair is fine by me @Johnson.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

The hosts are very generous when it comes to seeing Frog kits being finished.

Thanks guys, you’re being very generous! The Harrier is almost there and then I’ll have to really crack on with the Sea Fury.

The Corsair needs a new prop, U/C rebuild (another hard landing - missed the wire and took the barrier). A new paint job and markings. I’ve even got new transfers on order!

14 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

’ve always said there are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can’t count! Guess which camp I belong too?

If you’re sense of time was as bad as your maths, that would really help! Add a month to the GB? 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi folk's as a break from trying to get the B-17 fuselage to stick together (nearly there) I cracked on with this one,cockpit is very sparse so I

added side consoles which were decaled from spares and added the circular headrest from scrap sprue then the usual tape harness.no issues

with the construction and a light sanding has left her looking ready for primer.I'm really torn as I like both schemes but think the BPF scheme

would look good with a bit of paint shading and dry brushing of what are very crisp raised lines.

20190806_115338

• Like 6

Afternoon folk's,perfect day today,no chores,not at work and up in the loft best part of the afternoon with the rain lashing on the roof and endless

cups of tea,this has meant a lot of progress on this and the Hellcat.So with all the u/c doors fitted and the wheels etc painted while waiting for the

various coats of paint to dry.Started her in overall navy blue then highlighted and streaked in a shade lighter finally the wing roots around the cowl

were streaked in a shade darker than the rest,this will blend in during glossing but as usual the matt coat will bring it back.She's a bit lighter than

in reality I tinkered with the editor to try and show the tones.

20190806_180138

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Ray S said:

It is amazing how many of these Frog kits do scrub up nicely, isn't it?

Thanks Ray,you are spot on there ,shape wise these kits look good and they build quick and give you a chance to play with the airbrush,I wish now

I'd skipped the B17 and gone for a few more small kit's I'd love to do the Wildcat,Hurricane and Stuka for starters.

• Like 1

And out of seemingly nowhere a very eye catching Sea Blue Corsair. Those decals suit this kit so well, Steve. Why don’t I have one of these in my collection? I better address that soon!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

23 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

And out of seemingly nowhere a very eye catching Sea Blue Corsair. Those decals suit this kit so well, Steve. Why don’t I have one of these in my collection? I better address that soon!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Many thanks Dave yet again Frog has surprised me with a great little kit,I'm bound to be doing a KK order within the next few weeks

and not ruling out another one for that RNZAF scheme.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Steve, have you got a factory full of gnomes?

Looking good and I'm only up to sticking the second side of my Beaufort torpedo bay.

Cheers Greg,no Gnomes I'm afraid just a lack of any other hobbies!(and a life in general according to my sons),I used to present my

finished models to my Dad with a nod and a "very nice" as he looked over the top of his paper or round me towards the telly,they do it

now as they look over the top of their phones or round me towards the telly!

59 minutes ago, mike romeo said:

Steve,

I love that scheme.  Very nice indeed!

Regards

Martin

Many thanks Martin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well at least we have fellow modelers here that appreciate our efforts. For many if it wasn't for forums like BM it would be a very solitary hobby.

It certainly helps me. My gnomes are in Australia so they are no help.

• Like 7

Another cracking GB completion Steve. We are all very envious of your fantastic collection and these latest two builds are excellent tributes to all the good things we love about Frog kits. 

Cheers and well played.. Dave 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks stunning Steve, a really nice build indeed. Sorry if I missed it but what paint did you use for the Gloss Sea Blue, I do like the look of it?

Steve.

Many thanks Steve,I used the Tamiya flat blue bought for the Wessex and tinkered with it using black and dark gray,lightened a touch for

a few passes with the Airbrush after the base coat.

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Another cracking GB completion Steve. We are all very envious of your fantastic collection and these latest two builds are excellent tributes to all the good things we love about Frog kits. 

Cheers and well played.. Dave 

Thanks once again Dave,you look at some of today's kits and realise we've never had it so good as far as subjects and state of the art

molds are concerned, the Airfix Phantom I've started has as many parts as any two of these kits put together and prices today mean 

a lot of folk won't have the pleasure we did of a Saturday morning slap them together session which these GB's bring back memories of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1