1973 - Victor Kovaleski's two "lasts"

zebra

Thanks Julian. I’ve actually got some of that stuff but found it a little too aggressive, however that might just be me as I tend to be a little thinner heavy during painting. I’ll certainly give it a try and see how I go. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update on the Phantom. It's had a gloss coat and I've painted the metallic bits at the back - various AK Extreme Metal shades over a black base. Rather happy with how that's turned out. Hope to get some decals on tomorrow.

F-4B WIP

F-4B WIP

Thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 9

On 10/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

That looks just superb! Excellent stuff Julian! 
Cheers.. Dave 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:43 PM, TonyW said:

Have another 'Superb' from me as well, that has really come to life with those decals. Very nice work.

Tony.

Thanks Dave and Tony

Decals finished now, it'll get a matt coat tomorrow. Also started on the wheels (I'd be further along with these but had a brain freeze - painting the tyres from a rattle can, reached for the wrong can and gave them a coat of white!) and some things to go under the wings. Getting close to the finish line!

F-4B WIP

cheers

Julian

• Like 6

Chalk up another Superb from me, she's looking spot on there.

Can't comment on the brain freeze, just been to the shops for dinner for the family and all I got was some beers and a film to watch with the missus! 

I'm of course heading out again now...

Geoff 

• Haha 2

A light wash (so light you can barely see it, but it's there) and a matt coat. A bit of bleed under the masks to deal with, but not too serious. Meanwhile the things under the wings are assembled and are drying after a first coat of primer.

F-4B WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 6

On 11/3/2019 at 2:47 AM, Bugle07 said:

Can't comment on the brain freeze, just been to the shops for dinner for the family and all I got was some beers and a film to watch with the missus! 

I'm of course heading out again now...

Geoff 

Can't quite work out where you've gone wrong Geoff... as we sometimes say down here "Eat'ns Cheat'n"!

Cheers.. Dave  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!! That's turned out rather fantastic there Julian! 

What a beautiful aircraft the Phantom was / is and it certainly looks he part in colourful US Navy markings. 

This is a lovely tribute to the year of 1973, so thanks for taking part and I hope you've enjoyed this GB. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1