Eduard Old Tool Bf109G 1/48 + Brassin Bits!!!

I have had in my stash, since it was first released, the Eduard Bf109G 1/48 Royal Boxing. I am aware of all its shortcomings, I in fact posted an article on Aeroscale ( https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=features&file=view&artid=5612 ) correcting all the major problems of this kit. I eventually built the one kit in the boxing as a G-2 incorporating all the corrections. The remaining kit I decided to build as a G-14 version with all the Brassin sets that were available then, the engine set, the cockpit set, prop.& spinner and the radio set. After correcting the fuselage the kit was left in its box till now!!

I purchased the new tool 109s which are excellent builds straight from the box but when I obtained the new tool G-2 version I had a spare set of wings which happily fitted the old tool 109. This negated having to alter the wings on the G-14 so eventually the build began!!

I did run into some problems with this build i.e. for some reason the fuselage was too wide to take the front windscreen whether this was due to using the brassin cockpit I'm not sure. After some sanding down of bulkheads I manage to get a reasonable fit, although I'm not too pleased with the end result.

I had some difficulty getting the engine to sit properly whether these problems were caused by me or the kit I'm not sure and the whole thing nearly ended up being scrapped. However I persisted and present the result for your perusal I'm not really happy with the end result ☹️.

The machine depicted is a G-14 from 15./JG.5 Lister, Norway, May 1945 ( EagleCal Decal Sheet):-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Andy

• Like 11