Revell 1/48 RAF Eurofighter Typhoon

Here's a RAF twin seater in 1/48th scale. Nice kit, accurate  overall shape but very very poor surface details. All the rivets on the wings and tail are handmade... Took modeler's liberty to keep the air brake deployed, which is something you do not see when Typhoon's parked but adds to the beauty of the aircraft on the ground I think... 

Thanks for looking and happy modeling...

KillerMig

d5f05841-70cb-450b-8863-38dc4171e014.JPG

5bfb7904-b72d-4ff1-9e08-0701cc70cd0e.JPG

9594b504-f167-42d9-bccc-5582422d78f9.JPG

e1dd8800-aa59-495d-b935-63b626549fdd.JPG

533c9735-ac49-42e4-8039-2d76e5f7d595.JPG

ecce596b-4ab3-4a57-a58d-d22a17cfacb9.JPG

018e98ea-bfe6-47a8-a176-897e06c9a045.JPG

92643f62-374f-46c9-9463-dae11d3d6909.JPG

54f49795-5e35-49c1-a70d-aba0c629f0b9.JPG

69bbbc22-7841-4b4e-b945-86a98e052ae3.JPG

b8f275cf-cb9d-4700-94c8-3fe2333d6be0.JPG

cb6d47fb-f7a8-4ad3-a0d6-2b721da2b989.jpg

3a0676f4-4447-45a1-bba7-921ab977ca8b.JPG

• Like 47

very nice model!

loaded to the max!

as I see you are heading for accuracy and detail, I hope you do not mind some observations!:

Speedbrake: actuator is mounted differently:

Eurofighter_Typhoon_01.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Eurofighter_Typhoon_01.jpg

your wing mounted Meteors, would need launch rails most likely too, not sure if Meteors are cleared for wing stations currently! 

meteor_1.jpg

http://www.airpower.at/news03/1002_ef_meteor_irist/meteor_1.jpg

and finally, not sure if both ailerons drop while the rudder is deflected...

but then again, very nice and weathered Typhoon! :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, exdraken said:

as I see you are heading for accuracy and detail, I hope you do not mind some observations!:

Speedbrake: actuator is mounted differently:

your wing mounted Meteors, would need launch rails most likely too, not sure if Meteors are cleared for wing stations currently! 

but then again, very nice and weathered Typhoon! :thumbsup:

Speedbrake actuator 😲😲 Well, you're so right Exdraken ! How I missed that, I really do not know :banghead:Side effects of excessive riveting I guess... Corrected it immediately, danke sehr :)

That Meteor issue is a bit complicated, I know, and Revell seems to know no better than I do :) And as for the ailereons... Well.. Let's assume they do for the sake of artistic purposes, shall we :):)

Thanks for the information and constructive comments.

• Like 2

Very nice finish looks great. Just something I noticed the flaperons on the Typhoon point upwards at rest rather than down from any photos I have seen which is unusual otherwise looks great. How did you find the intake construction?

41 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Really nice build  apart from my Standard missile gripe that  you need to repaint all the red bands on your missiles the correct brown colour!

Selwyn

I believe I can live with the red stripes, as I thankfully do not suffer such gripes and choose to suffice with the general look as an average modeller.

A Typhoon full of Stormshadows, Meteors and some other stuff I do not know the names of. And still, the inner pylons are missing and did not come with the box if I remember correct. Load these LG bombs too and what a sight that would be...

Great looking model, though too much weathered for my modeling taste, but that's me... And it's hard not to appreciate all that riveting work.

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2019 at 21:13, exdraken said:

This would be a the common flight controls position for most airplanes once there's no more hydraulic pressure left and there's a crosswind on the apron.

The rudder is being moved/positioned by the wind and the elevons etc. are drooped.

The Typhoon automatically goes into  lift dump as soon as the engines are shut down, which means that the foreplanes are deflected fully (60°) down (so they don't interfere with the ladder) and the elevons are fully deflected up (20°) which is, in case of the Typhoon, the parked position for the actuators. 

That's why the Typhoon elevons have the rather unusual elevon deflection.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, KillerMig said:

I believe I can live with the red stripes, as I thankfully do not suffer such gripes and choose to suffice with the general look as an average modeller.

No problem! have fun looking at your incendiary bombs!:coolio:

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

6 hours ago, Selwyn said:

No problem! have fun looking at your incendiary bombs!:coolio:

Selwyn

Ahhh, now I see... I hadn't noticed before that the comment came from a "very obsessed member". OK, then I'll change them to blue, so everybody at home will sleep comfortably with the great relief that they are inert and won't explode. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, Deano353 said:

Very nice finish looks great. Just something I noticed the flaperons on the Typhoon point upwards at rest rather than down from any photos I have seen which is unusual otherwise looks great. How did you find the intake construction?

The intake construction is quite poor, or it rather simply does not exist, as we discussed during WIP. One should spend some time for scratch-building or better cover it with a FOD cover. I did neither, hence the absence of head-on photos :)

As for flaperons... Yes, it seems I've done them wrong just because I assumed they would behave like on other many aircrafts and neglected to check with the references.

Tiny correction; The 'flaperons' on the Typhoon are actually elevons. (There are no flight control surfaces which act as flaps on the Typhoon)

Edited by PZL104