opinions please.........

Hello all, i'm after some opinions or advice, nay recommendations.

At long last  I have almost completed collecting all of the Enterprises. I have an NX-01 1:1000 scale in my sights leaving my own personal favourite; The 1701 refit or 1701-A.

Here's my dilemma. which kit would you guys recommend? Let me say I'd love the 1;350 scale behemoth but I just don't have the room.  So, over to you. Recommendations please.

• Like 1

Hi my solution was to build them all at 1/2500 see link, the only omission was the NX-01 as not available seperately, wasnt coughing up £100 just to get it.

Personally if 1/350 not possible go for the AMT 1/537 smoothy TMP or WOK, the later ones have over done panel lines., would also sit nicely with revells 1/600 from DS9 trouble with tribbles version that they try to fob off as original series, which its not.

And of course the JJ Abrams 2009 Enterprise and not forgetting the original AMT TOS, the Discovery version of the Enterprise is due out shortly at 1/2500.

All the best Chris

yep, the jjprise is another acquired. I remember wayyy back when "The motion picture" arrived building a Matchbox refit. Is that the 1/537 your referring to?

I seem to remember seeing a resin 1701-A in 1/1400 or maybe even a 1/1000 by Alliance (I think). They make good kits that are reasonably priced for a resin kit. Check Federation Models' web site. There's also a business in the UK who specializes in sci fi kits, but I can't find the link to it.

Ben 

Is there anything consistent about the ships you have already -  same scale, each model roughly the same size, etc? The challenge with Trek kits is that the "prevailing scale" changes over time, to the point where 1/2500 is the only one that has all the "mainstream" Enterprises in a common scale - and as per Chris, I'm hesitant to fork over for the boxed set when I already have everything but the NX.

The classic AMT "movie Enterprise" is the 1/537 kit, which as others have noted is preferable in its TMP or TWOK boxings, as later reissues were "enhanced" (sic) with heavy and spurious Aztec scribing. If you're OK with extra work it's possible to fill in the scribing, and the later kits are much more plentiful and cheaper.

If you don't mind going a bit smaller, the Polar Lights 1/1000 refit is a very nice kit. In fact there is an increasing line of 1/1000 kits if you want to expand your fleet in something larger than 1/2500. Preview of the refit here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234919279-uss-enterprise-refit/

• 2 months later...