Brengun 1/72 Messerspit

Searching for something different to build whilst recuperating after a nasty dose of pneumonia I came across Brengun’s 1/72 ‘Messerspit’ which immediately piqued my interest. The real aircraft was an amalgamation of a captured Mk. V Spitfire and the front end of a Messerschmitt 109 (G?) complete with Daimler Benz engine and in-line canon. The kit itself is not particularly accurate, especially in the canopy area, and the fit of parts leaves a lot to be desired, but then sometimes half the fun is beating a kit into submission. Having said that the decals supplied were really excellent being well printed, very thin and easy to apply. Anyway, it’s built out of the box with only the addition of some photo etch seat belts to enhance the cockpit. All paints are Tamiya acrylics sealed with Humbrol gloss and Matt lacquers. The yellow (XF-3) was toned down slightly with a drop of light grey and weathering kept low key as I don’t think the real aircraft saw too much action. Then again I may well be wrong. 🤔

Messerspit

Messerspit

Messerspit

• Like 27

There’s a company that makes a resin conversion in 1/48, might have to track one of those down after seeing this unique build. 

Nicely done. Certainly not the average subject you’ll see built often. Also, glad to hear you kicked the illness!

Thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1