1/144 Scratch-built Airspeed Horsa

48420261331_ee02d6ee75_z.jpg

The obligatory scale shot (couldn't find a match so used a €1 coin) It's a nice size.

48420237691_8192ae106e_z.jpg

Looks purposeful (possibly menacing ) from this angle.

48420237566_456208647f_z.jpg

So there we have it. But as my sole 1/144th build (possible ever) it's looking awfully lonely on the shelf :)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Great work on the build and final product. You should build a Dak or a Stirling tug to go with it.  Unfortunately your only options in that scale for Stirlings are an expensive Anigrand resin kit or a diecast. Daks are slightly more common i would think ? 

I could easily believe that it was 1/72 scale with an oversized coin!

Darn I've been rumbled. No it's a real euro a double sized one would have to be chocolate and frankly wouldn't survive long enough to get photographed in my house :)

.You should build a Dak or a Stirling tug to go with it. 

I did see a Dakota on ebay for around €20 so that might be an option. Of course I could try to scratch something, maybe one of the more esoteric machines used as tugs.. but that's going to be a 2020 project as I have quite  a few WIPs to get through this year (my Snark, my Pfalz DR1, Possibly a Fokker DR1, the Bristol racer, a Stuka, my Bulldog, an Albatros Di (possibly)  and if I ever manage to bring myself to work on it a DH4a) 

Owing to my recent ebay shopping spreee ( a Dolphin, a 1 1/2 strutter, a Pfalz DiIIIand XII, a HP 0/400 and a Hanriot HD all 1/48 except the HP)  I decided to take a break from buying things online for a few months. Mind I could scratch something. I did see a rather nice C47 for €15 hmmmm

Edited by Marklo