Nitto Fireball 1/20 - Can It Be Fixed?

I purchased this kit a while back and decided to take a break from armor modeling and this seemed like the perfect build... heavy armor fighting gear with the ability to hop short distances to engage in battle. Perfect! The model is very nice and the fit is pretty good for an older kit. I upgraded all the armored hydraulic hoses and winged a little extra detail here and there. The figures are from Brick Works (including the dog. Everyone is wearing British Army camo circa 2009 Afghanistan - scrounged old surplus stuff. The Brits are now fighting with the he Earth Independent Provisional Government , Independent Mercenary Army (IMA). After all the devestating wars there are now more women on earth than men and they are the backbone of the New British Expeditionary Force. In this scene we see a discussion being carried on about the battle readiness of one of their armored fighting suits.

spacer.png

I used Vallejo acrylics throughout.

Here is my scratching technique for this particular model:

1. Prime the model

2. Spray undercoat (in this case Light Rust) - let dry thoroughly

3. Spray 2 coats of AK Chipping Fluid

> Let it dry for about 25 minutes

3. Spray UK Light Stone

> Let it dry for about 40 minutes

4. Wet brush and apply water to small area

5. Scratch the surface with a wooden tooth pick and a toothbrush (toothbrush works particularly well where you want to peel off more of the surface paint.)

6. Hand paint bare metal areas (scratches and exposed metal).

7. Shoot with glass varnish

8. Apply decals and then "scratch" them up with by painting scratches and tears with a fine brush and bit of sponge.

9. Apply mud, washes, dust, ect.

10. Spray lower parts with a unifying color.

11. Shoot with a coat of flat varnish

spacer.png

Note: Not much to say here except that the Brick Works figures are beautiful and so well crafted.

spacer.png

Note: Vallejo Metal Airbrush colors used followed by oil wash.

The fuel tank is done with careful color layering using a sponge bit (I used one of those green scrunges)

I did add some 1/24 fuel line fittings to those lines.

spacer.png

Note: Armored hydraulic cables are made using heavy solder wire wrapped with fine solder wire. Made it vary plyable.

spacer.png

Note: A Different Angle. Base was scratch built from Evergreen plastic. Concrete is foam block covered with plaster gauze; then coated with a thin screen of sculpting plaster. Cracks and crevices were carved by hand. I painted, washed and dry brushed it til it looked like old concrete.

spacer.png

Note: Details, details, details

spacer.png

Note: Details, details, detail

spacer.png

Note: For a pair of killer blue eyes!

spacer.png

Note: Nuff said!

Edited by House
Incomplete post
  • Like 10

Nuff said, indeed.

Love it and thanks for revealing the painting techniques.

BTW, kreiger is set 800 years in the future. Nice to know that British kit will last that long! :laugh:

Pete

• Like 1